(9) 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞 ✓

chapter nine

chapter nine

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE DIDN'T KNOW HOW LONG SHE WAS OUT BUT WHEN SHE WOKE UP SHE WAS IN A DUSTY OLD WAREHOUSE LOCKED INSIDE OF A CAGE. She groans, holding her head for a moment before bringing her hand down and seeing blood coating it. Resting her head back against the cement wall, she felt like she was going to throw up. She didn't know if it was because of the stench in the warehouse or the blood loss but she was feeling the bile rise up in her throat. Glancing around the room, she sees two blurry figures standing above her making her eyebrows furrow.

She remembered seeing the circle member in front of her before she was knocked out but she didn't know who else was there. Although it didn't take a genius to figure out who was behind it. Rubbing her eyes, she squeezes them shut for a moment before opening them and seeing the one person who she never wanted to have to see in her life. Valentine.

"Ah, look who's awake." His voice was like a nail on a chalkboard and she couldn't help but grimace. She sees him open the gate and her eyes widen lightly but she didn't think she could stand up, let alone fight.  "Don't even try." Valentine tells her and she only sighs, resting her chin on her knees. She thought maybe if she played dumb he would think that he accidentally got her mixed up with somebody else.

"Who are you?" Adelaide asks and Valentine squints his eyes, not knowing what game she was trying to play. Adelaide just stares back at him, her face emotionless to not let him see what she was thinking.

"You know who I am, Adelaide." He responds to her and she clenches her jaw lightly. It probably wasn't going to work out because he did seem to know her name but she was still confused on how he found out about her. She knew Magnus would never say anything.

"How do you know my name?" She questions and Valentine leans against the opening of the cage, a smirk playing on his lips as he knew she had given up whatever tactic she was trying to use against him.

"I know everything about you." He says making her eyes drop to the ground for a moment as she didn't want to even look at the man. He was the one who murdered her parents, she would love to see a blade go right through his heart. "Adelaide Storm. Only child of Marissa and Jack Storm. Shadowhunter prodigy of the clave and warlock in training under Magnus Bane." Valentine states and her eyes widen lightly at the last part of her sentence. So he did know but she was still trying to figure out who told him.

"What?" She tries to act clueless but Valentine had already confirmed it. He didn't need her to admit it.

"I know you have warlock powers, Adelaide." Valentine tells her and she only coughs, shaking her head as she closes her eyes for a moment.