(7) 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✓

chapter seven

chapter seven

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

THEY HAD MADE IT TO THE LOCATION WHERE ALEC AND JACE TRACKED BUT IT DIDN'T LOOK RIGHT TO ADELAIDE. Magnus often moved his lair but usually it was warded and you weren't able to get close without him showing up. But Adelaide knew his place was just behind the fence so how come they were able to get so close. It was definitely a trap or something bad had happened to the warlock which made her stomach twist just thinking about it.

"Magnus's lair is right behind that fence." Isabelle informs them, as if reading Adelaide's mind. Clary furrows her eyebrows as she walks beside the woman, not understanding why Magnus would ever want to live in a place like this.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clary asks confused, turning to face the group but Jace only shakes his head. You would never catch Magnus dead in a warehouse like this.

"Not exactly. Warlock glamour." Jace explains to her as warlocks often hid where they actually lived to ward off enemies.

"This doesn't feel right." Adelaide pipes up, shaking her head as she glanced around. She could sense that something happened but she was just hoping she was wrong.

"Im with Adelaide. Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close." Isabelle says with a nod, her eyebrows furrowed as she takes a few steps forwards to get a better look of the area.

"His protective wards must be down." Jace tells them as it was the only logical explanation. Adelaide clenches her jaw, grabbing her staff as she had a feeling something was coming.

"He wouldn't do that on purpose." She replies as she looks towards Alec. He saw her nod which meant she wanted him to follow her. Alec responds before turning to Clary and glaring lightly at her.

"You." He catches her attention, Clary turning to him and she already knew he was going to give her some lecture. "Don't get in the way." Alec tells her simply making Clary scoff, but before she can give any sort of reply they see a warlock get killed up near the warehouse.

"Valentine found Magnus." Clary says with a gasp and they all rush over, fighting against the circle members who attack them. Adelaide needed to get inside in order to find Magnus but it was hard when there were circle members coming at her from every angle.

She was able to break free but Alec saw her rushing inside so of course he followed her. He wasn't going to let her go alone.

Rushing into the room she went into, Alec sees her and Magnus fighting off two circle members. He aims his bow, shooting two arrows into the circle members making them drop to the ground before Magnus finishes them off with his magic. Magnus notices Alec, immediately maintaining his posture.