(12) 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE AND ALEC HAD FOLLOWED CLARY TO WHERE SHE WAS MEETING UP WITH SIMON. It was silent the whole way and you could cut the tension between them with a knife. Alec wasn't angry at Adelaide for just being curious but he didn't want to talk about it. He didn't want everyone asking him constantly. Adelaide didn't mean to be invasive but he could have told her to leave it alone nicely instead of snapping at her.

They see Simon waiting by the alley, Clary immediately pulling him in for a hug. Adelaide sighs as she stops behind them, running a hand through her hair. "Hey, you. Thanks for being here." Clary says and Simon nods his head as he holds her tightly for a moment.

"You don't need to do this alone." Simon tells her before pulling away from her. "It's not who we are." He states and Clary nods her head before a small frown takes over her features.

"Are you sure you're feeling up to this?" Clary asks, knowing he hasn't been himself the past few days.

"Yeah, it's just a cold. Not the end of the world." Simon states as he shrugs his shoulders. Alec stares at the man, clenching his jaw a little bit as just the sight of the man, made him want to roll his eyes.

"The world's been ending for a thousand years." Alec states bluntly making everyone look at him. Adelaide scoffs to herself, fiddling with her fingers.

"He meant metaphorically." Adelaide says, not even glancing towards Alec who rolls his eyes a little. Simon smiles, pointing at Adelaide.

"She gets me." Simon states and Adelaide just stares at him before glancing around. Alec crosses his arm, staring at Clary.

"We need to move." Alec tells her and Clary nods her head before gesturing a little way away from them.

"My mom's loft is just across the alley." Clary tells him and Alec only sighs, glancing around to make sure there was no one around.

"Well, we have to be careful. There's eyes all over this place and everybody in the shadow world's looking for you." Alec tells her and Simon shakes his head, looking really proud of himself.

"I mean, i guarantee you, no ones going to find this shortcut. I used to take it back in middle school to see Clary." Simon tells them as he smiles over at Clary who returns it. Adelaide simply stares at the man, how could one mundane be so annoying.

"Aww, how cute." Adelaide says with a fake smile before it drops and she rolls her eyes. They needed to get a move on.

 "You might know the shadow world but trust me, I know Brooklyn." Simon states with a smirk and Alec only scoffs at him. Simon turns around, running and jumping over the wall making Adelaide's mouth drop open.