Chapter 20

"Chen Xu, you fucking..." Before Si Yichen could finish his words, he felt his collar on the back of his neck being pulled back with great force. The suffocation made his chest tight, and then he was thrown hard on the ground.

He staggered up with a cold face, and was about to yell at the person, and in a short time, the lost reason returned to his head.

"Father...Father..." Si Yichen was instinctively afraid of Si Ye, not only is he stammering, but his clenched fists were trembling.

Si Ye looked at him as if he was looking at a dead person, "It seems that you don't remember what I said."

Si Yichen suddenly thought of Si Ye's warning to him. He raised his head in a panic and explained helplessly, "Father...I..."

"Uncle Zhong, take Si Yichen down." Si Ye told Uncle Zhong in a cold voice.

"Father! I was wrong! You..." Si Yichen panicked and wanted to ask for mercy, but Si Ye didn't give him this opportunity.

"Say one more sentence and you will go back to Tao's house."

Everyone at the scene took a deep breath, and no one expected Si Ye to be so cruel. After all, he looked at the young adult, Si Yichen, who had been nurtured by him singlehandedly, and said he didn't want it.
[T/N : That makes me a little sad, ngl]

The gaze they looked at Chen Xu was no longer just envy, but more of pity. For a cold-hearted person like Si Ye, don't look at him doting on Chen Xu at the moment, it is very likely that Si Yichen's present is Chen Xu's future.

Si Yichen seemed to be scared to his core, he was completely soft when he was taken away by Uncle Zhong. It was the bodyguard who carried him away.

Tong Jiaxi, who had witnessed all of this, completely calmed down his eager heart, learning from Si Yichen's lessons .

He was jealous of Chen Xu, and his eyes were dripping with jealousy, but he definitely couldn't be as stupid as Si Yichen and had a confrontation with Chen Xu. Since Uncle Si can hit Si Yichen ruthlessly, no need to even mention him.

"Does it hurt?" Si Ye stretched out his hand to caress Chen Xu's neck. Chen Xu's skin was fair. He was choked so hard by Si Yichen just now, and his neck now had a red mark.

"Cough... It's okay." Chen Xu coughed twice and shook his head.

Si Ye took Chen Xu back to the room. The family doctor was already waiting there. The family doctor checked Chen Xu's neck. After confirming that there was nothing serious, he prescribed some medicine and left.

"Sorry, it must've hurt a lot." Si Ye stroked Chen Xu's neck feeling guilty.

His eyes were full of distress. The guilt and distress engulfed him. What Chen Xu didn't know was that Si Ye was not only apologizing to him for today's affairs, but also for his previous life.

In the last life, when he was notified by the police to claim a burnt corpse, he didn't want to recall it for the rest of his life. He regretted the events of that day, staying up for countless nights. Why didn't he notice earlier that Chen Xu was missing? Why didn't he rescue Chen Xu from the fire in time, how painful and hopeless Chen Xu would be when he burned to death in that fire?
[T/N : I take back what I said before, Si Yichen deserve to be treated without any kindness]

Even later, he found out the real culprit who killed Chen Xu. After avenging Chen Xu, Chen Xu's death was still his nightmare fuel every night.

It was a sunny day. After all the things were resolved, Si Ye took a bunch of flowers to visit Chen Xu in the cemetery. He sat in front of Chen Xu's tombstone and talked to him, holding a wine glass and drinking with Chen Xu, he used his fingers to go over the picture of Chen Xu engraved on the tombstone. After stroking the photo of the young man on the tombstone whom he was constantly thinking about, he must have fallen asleep on Chen Xu's tombstone, and when he opened his eyes again, he found out that he was back to the age of twenty-five.