Prologue

"I know but I just can't be with her it's not fair to her" Ariana was a little ways away from the party on the phone with an old friend

"I know but I just can't be with her it's not fair to her" Ariana was a little ways away from the party on the phone with an old friend. Ariana spoke about how she no longer felt the same way for her girlfriend as she once did.

Her girlfriend being Arabella Fells, they'd been together since their freshman year of high school and were going into their junior year in only a few months.

Ariana loved Arabella of course but she was no longer in love with her unfortunately. She and Arabella broke up mere minutes before she called her old friend. Arabella was heart broken and it broke Ariana that she hurt her.

But she wanted more in life and they didn't have the same goals. Whereas Ariana wanted to travel Arabella wanted to stay in Mystic Falls. Arabella didn't want to go to college yet Ariana wanted to study abroad.

Arabella wanted to start a family and get married after high school but Ariana wasn't ready fur that level of commitment. Her feelings had also slowly started to fade. Arabella ran off after they broke up Ariana chased after her but unfortunately lost her.

She called her mom Clarissa Fells and broke the news to her about their breakup and Arabella running off. The two girls were known as the towns power couple. Both cheerleaders and popular something Ariana sister Elena envied.

"She'll be okay she just needs time I get it though you both want different things in life and it's okay to lose feelings." The person on the other end of the call said. Ariana smiled appreciatively before ending the call a few minutes later.

She pocketed her phone and turned to make her way to her car not noticing the eyes that followed her.