1

Gilbert Residence | Ariana

Today was the first day of school meaning everyone would be asking questions and sending me looks of pity. The night of the party aka the night me and my ex-girlfriend Arabella broke up my parents Grayson and Miranda Gilbert died.

Well my adoptive parents, Grayson is technically mine and Elenas uncle but she doesn't know that. Our real father is our "uncle" John and our mother is a woman named Isobel Flemmings who got married and wanted to be turned into a vampire and she was.

I speak to her sometimes she's really not that and of a person. She was young when she was pregnant with us so I understood her not keeping us but at least we ended up with family and not in a foster home or something.

After the death of my parents I spent the time after the funeral with Isobel. Unfortunately I had to come back home since it was my junior year it was supposed to be my senior year but things happened.

The sun was barely visible due to my blackout curtains which I had gotten specifically to keep the sun out however sometimes I have trouble waking up because of them.

My thoughts were cut off by my energetic friend Bonnie or who I like to call Bon Bon. "Wakey wakey Ari, today's the first day of school!" Bonnie yelled out I looked over at her and huffed before getting up.

After getting showered, doing my morning routine, and getting dressed I went downstairs. I saw Elena and Jenna, Jenna was moving around frantically.

"Toast? I can't make toast" aunt Jenna said rushing around the kitchen. "It's all about the coffee Aunt Jenna" I said walking past her to the coffee machine.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy asked coming into the kitchen me being prepared handed him the coffee. "Thanks Ari" he said before drinking his coffee.

"First day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch Money?" Jenna said me and Elena declined and Jeremy took it.

"Anything else? a number two pencil? What am I missing?" Jenna asked I snorted "don't you have a big presentation today?" Elena asked as I shook my head.

"I'm meeting my thesis advisor at...now. crap!" I sighed and put my hands on her shoulders. "Go, we'll be fine" I said hugging her as she left.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked Jeremy I shook my head she needs to give him space. The two of us agreed that he would stop and put his focus on other things such as art. "Don't start" he said walking off.

I didn't make a huge deal out of him doing drugs because he was only smoking weed which wasn't illegal for his age. He has a medical marijuna card his doctor suggested we get him to help with his anxiety.

Elena doesn't know this because she would've never approved. Ever since our parents died she's been nothing but annoying. She talks to me and Jeremy as if she's our mother which news flash she isn't.

Elena then turned to look at me that same look of pity that I knew was fake since the hint of smugness was in her eyes.

"How are you after you know?" I rolled my eyes at her and scoffed. "Don't pretend you care about how I feel, you always hated the fact that me and Arabella were together and you hated that I was actually happy you don't actually care you just wanted to keep playing the role of mother well news flash Elena our mother is dead our father is dead so how about you leave me and Jeremy alone you aren't our mother you could never be Miranda Gilbert" I said before grabbing my bag and walking out.