One.

01. FRIENDS

--

Why would anyone want to walk around all day with high heels, a thick pile of schedule lists on hand and a little boy tugging on their skirt? And in the evening, wearing a tight black dress, walking on a red carpet to accompany a CEO a.k.a model of a famous fashion line?

Money, maybe? Well, money is one thing but distraction is another.

"Do I have anything for lunch?"

You flipped through a white folder, scanning the page to look at the time table. "Hm, you'll have lunch with Ren. Oh and Rindou told me he's tagging along."

Ran pulled his suit in before removing his glare at the paper in front of him that he still needs to review and sign. Exhaustion starting to become quite visible on his face, bags under his eyes.

Nonetheless, a smirk plays around his lips- as if he knows how hot he is.

"Can I cancel-"

Closing the folder, you walked towards his table. "You can't cancel another lunch with your son. You know how much he misses you, especially now that you don't even have the time to take him out during weekends."

"He's fine with just you around, Y/n. There's you, his Mom, to take care of him."

"Come on, Ran. You know he'll start to hate you if you cancel this one. Just one lunch. I'll help you with those paperworks later."

Ran took another glance at his work pile, "Fine. If you say so."

You grimaced, shaking your head in disbelief. "I can't believe you plan to get married this year and yet you can't even handle your current workload. Duh, try a little harder would you?"

"Wait, wait," He chuckled, standing up from his swivel chair to get ready for lunch. "Am I really the boss and you're the secretary or is it the other way around?"

After placing down the file on your hand, you walked towards him, reaching for his crooked tie. It has always been your duty. You cook breakfast for him, sometimes if not too often, you also cook his dinner. When he's drunk, you take him home and stay until he's sober. You choose his outfit whenever he needs to meet important guests or attend events.

During his modeling career, you serve as his P.A (personal assistant). Oftentimes, he doesn't like other people touching his face which results in you taking the role of his make up artist.

There were times when you started to question what job you really applied for. Being his secretary or an all-rounder assistant.

It wasn't that you're complaining. The job was great, perfect even. Throughout five years of working with him, you figure out he's more than just your boss now. He's more of a best friend than an employer.

"How's it working with Rindou?" Ran asked as he sat on the backseat of the car, while you were beside the driver.

Without taking your eyes off from the road, you answered him. "We're doing fine."

"Really?"

"How about marriage?"

This time you moved from your seat to face him, eyes widening. "Are you serious right now? It hasn't even been a month since we started dating."

"Ah, well. Your relationship is more heated than mine though."

You blushed, "Heated-"

"Saw you making out in his condo, on the newly bought sofa, still had that plastic wrapping on."