Eight.

08. INTERESTING

——

Ultimately, you plan to go to work early and greet Ran a 'good morning' for being salty the other day, but because your back feels sore, you're now late.

A sigh escaped your lips as you pushed open the glass door inside the office. He immediately looked at you from his working desk, raising a brow.

"What a surprise. You're late today."

You purse your lips, "Sorry. I… I overslept."

The expected answer would be 'Oh, I see,' or anything related to that line but instead, Ran chuckled. "I'm kidding. Don't worry, Rindou called me and informed me that you'll be late. Apparently, you had a lot of fun last night?"

It's funny how you catch up on what he was talking about real quick. Your cheeks burned in pink.

"The hell! Don't you dare tease me about it."

"Why are you so embarrassed about it when Rindou brags about it every time?"

You slumped on your chair, pulling out the list of Ran's schedule. "He's thick faced."

Another series of laughter erupted from his throat, "Was he also thick down there?"

"Ran! Seriously, what the fuck?"

He was laughing so hard that you could almost picture him choking at his own saliva. You shook your head, ignoring his annoying voice and focused on the task at hand. Your eyes surveyed the tabular format of his schedule.

There wasn't anything major on his schedule aside from a school meeting for Ren, his son. No! It's a major thing! It's a school meeting for Ren.

"Ran! Do you know that you'll have to attend Ren's school meeting?"

He lifted his gaze momentarily before his eyes widened, jaw dropping. "Was it today?"

"This jerk. It is today! He didn't remind you?"

"Uh," He looked up, as if recalling some distant memory. "I think he did. I can't quite remember. Fuck, what time is it?"

You stood up, grabbing your shoulder bag. "It'll be in a few hours but coincidentally, you'll have to attend the Board of Directors meeting. I'll go to Ren as your substitute for now."

He sighed, combing his hair back in frustration. Maybe he's trying, but it's not enough. "Thank you and sorry about this."

"It's fine. I'll go now."

"Take care."

Going to a school meeting while having a backache is not a good idea. You sighed, walking on the school grounds. You're already quite familiar with it since sometimes you're the one who's taking Ren to school.

As you approached Ren's classroom, a familiar figure popped out of nowhere, accidentally bumping on you. With an extreme impact, you fall to the ground.

"Ouch,"

"I'm sorry—" He quickly offered a hand, but was stoned to his place when he recognized you. It was Mitsuya Takashi.

You accepted his hand and he helped you stand up. Out of nowhere, you were able to smile at him. "Thank you."

Maybe Luna and Mana are also studying at this school.

He didn't say anything, just stared at you before Ren came out of his classroom calling for you. "Mommy! You're here?"

You looked at the little boy who looked exactly like Ran running towards you with a big smile on his face. "Yeah, Daddy's busy so I'll attend the meeting for you."