Three.

03. EX-SOULMATE

——

Tension slowly arises inside the Three Star Valley boutique branch.

Ran nudged Rindou, leaning in to whisper, "Why do you look so mad? It's not as if the designer's gonna steal her away. Dude, that expression is bad luck. Don't frown."

"Shut up."

Rather than a peaceful date lunch, there you are with Mitsuya and Yuzuha, they're now taking your measurements and discussing the gown's design while Aimi is on the phone, video calling.

Ran, of course, tagged along because if not, Aimi will kill him for being useless. On the other hand, Rindou, whose original agenda was to pick you up and take you to a five star restaurant he reserved, got strung around by his brother to tag along for a little while.

For a little while, he says. But how many hours has it been? Two? Three?

Rindou sighed, pulling his sleeves slightly to reveal his golden wrist watch. It's not as if he's in a hurry to leave because he's hungry, but because he kept noticing how the designer, Mitsuya, kept staring at you.

He leaned back on the couch, releasing a long sigh. He then ruffled his hair in frustration.

"You say they know each other?"

Ran craned his neck to look at him, "Hm? Mr. Mitsuya and Y/n? Ah, she said they used to be friends."

"Friends..."

A chuckle left Ran's lips, "Yes, she said friends. A lot of dudes came by while you're courting her for nearly 4 years and now you feel threatened by some guy which she clearly just said 'friends'."

"Uh, fuck, I don't know. That look he's giving to my girlfriend... that's not how you should look at a friend. There's something."

"Ah, I don't know, bro." Ran laughed, tucking his arms on his chest. "Maybe they're ex-lovers? Soulmates? Love at first sight? Long time unrequited love? I don't know. If you feel uncertain just ask her."

Rindou pursed his lips. Well, his brother was right. He could just ask you and get it over with rather than over thinking and ending up in a misunderstanding.

But still, he hated how Mitsuya looked at you.

"Ran. Can you come over here for a second?" You called out to the older Haitani, but both of them ran towards you. Rindou immediately wrapped his arm around your waist. "Hey, I said Ran."

"Can't blame me." He raised a brow, corner of his lips curving to a smirk. "I'm kinda a deaf sometimes. Thought you said 'love'."

A slight tint of red flushed your cheeks. What? Indeed, Rindou loves to surprise you with his cheesy pick-up lines but never in front of others— specially not in front of his brother. So what drove him to do so?

"Stop that, Rindou."

"Yeah? You want me to stop?" He teased, releasing your waist only to cup your cheeks. He moved his face closer until your forehead and nose touched. "Love you," Rindou mouthed then leaned near your ear, lips almost touching your lobe.

And with his softest voice, "You're mine only," he said.

Clearing his throat, Mitsuya interrupted your rather...intimate moment. If he was mean enough, he'll address this thing as PDA. Truly inappropriate, especially inside his working place. No— especially in front of him.

"Ms. L/n, let's go back to topic. And Mr. Haitani, yeah, the younger one, can I have your girlfriend for a little while? It's all about business. So let me do my job, can you?" Mitsuya smiled at Rindou.