Five.

05. SO BAD

——

"Y/n?!"

Rindou raised his voice slightly. Everyone inside the boutique was shocked, even Rindou himself. He immediately ran towards you, grabbing you by your elbow and hid you behind him.

"Uhm... Rin—"

"What's happening here?" A deep, visible crease formed between his eyebrows.

"There was just some accident. The... the shelf almost fell down on Y/n. Good thing Mitsuya came to shield her." Yuzuha explained briefly. She couldn't help but fidget on the hem of her clothes.

Normally, she's fine dealing with a brute looking man but the vibe Rindou was emitting at that moment was far more worse.

You pulled on Rindou's shirt, eyes downcast, as if you were caught in a malicious act added the searing pain on your shoulder. "Rindou... he just helped me."

The truth is that Rindou wanted to believe your words and drop the topic off just like that. But his fist tightened, jaw clenching, he's trying to calm his breathing. He was certain it wasn't just some jealousy.

Anyway, what did you even mean by 'I know it hurts?'

"Fine. Are you sure you're not hurt?"

You looked at Rindou. You understand that he's just worried, maybe frustrated because he knows that you and Mitsuya had a past but somehow there's an ache in your chest. Rindou shouldn't have reacted like that towards Mitsuya, especially that he saved you.

But what can you do anyway?

"Are you guys okay?" Aimi finally rushed to your side while Yuzuha followed Mitsuya who went back to his table, sitting uncomfortably on his chair. "Oh, Rindou? What are you doing here?"

"... Aimi, you should've just come with Ran."

Aimi tucked some strand of her hair back to her ears, "He's with his son. Let him be. But what's with that rude behavior towards the designer? Tsk, tsk. Ran will hear about this!" She blew off before trudging back towards Mitsuya, resuming their meeting like nothing ever happened.

Although everyone went back to their own business, the tension was still there. You could still sense the looming pressure coming from beside you and behind you.

And before you got drowned by worthless worries, Rindou grabbed you on your wrist and pulled you out of the boutique. He only stopped dragging you once in front of his car.

A loud exhale escaped between his lips, "Fuck. I'm sorry." In frustration, anger, worry and whatever emotion stuck in his mind, he combed his hair then sat on the hood of his car.

"..."

"I just didn't like what I saw. He's too close to you."

"He didn't even touch me, Rin. You don't need to worry about that, okay? In fact we should be thanking him. If not for him, I would've had a broken shoulder bone."

He averted his gaze, biting his lips. "But why did you say you know it hurts him?"

You should've just answered casually because anyone can tell someone is hurting with the way their faces contort, but instead, you laughed nervously. "I... it's written all over his face, Rindou. How could I not know?"

One look and he knew you're lying. You're lying, and to him of all people. But instead of confronting you, he jumped away from where he was sitting and pulled his car keys out of his pocket.