Nine.

09. RINDOU AND MITSUYA

——

You'd like to blame it all on the alcohol. Hell, it was all the alcohol's fault. But even so, you haven't even had a sniff of it to lay all the blame to the innocent alcohol.

Gripping his shirt, you cowered behind Rindou, eyes tight shut. Embarrassment making every fiber of your being cringe.

What the heck were you thinking saying all those things in front of everyone? In front of Rindou? In front of Draken? Well, Draken isn't a big deal. But seriously? In front of strangers?

When you shouted 'He's mine' in a demanding manner, it was fine and all but that's not how it ends. You even cupped his cheeks and kissed him, like an animal in heat.

It was a tad late when you realized how you acted.

Rindou doesn't mind in the slightest as he pulls you away from his back to try and make you show your face to the bunch of band members.

How can you even show your face?

"This is my girlfriend, Y/n," He said nonchalantly, as if nothing happened.

Senju, who was the first one you laid your eyes to, had her big round eyes staring at you. And was that a spark of interest lingering on her glassy orbs?

She clasped her hands, "Oh wow! She looks so pretty! Kind of makes me think how you're able to make her yours."

Rindou shook his head, not minding what the woman said. He pulled you towards his seat, letting you sit between him and Sanzu. All you could do was lower your head.

Everyone was talking to each other yet you couldn't hear them anymore, swallowed by your own thoughts. Still embarrassed about earlier. If earth could just swallow you whole, you wouldn't even complain!

Your train of thoughts broke when you heard a tap beside you. Sanzu's nails tapping on top of the table.

"Hey, Y/n," He mumbled and you looked at him, eyebrows furrowed. "I'm not gonna fuckin' steal your boyfriend away, so you can chill your ass off."

"Uhm…"

"Also, soulmates ain't just about trying to romance each other. There's a whole ass classification of soulmates, whether it be romantic or platonic. Well, if he's single I could go for some romance but heck.  I ain't got no time for some drama and shit."

Jaw dropped, literally. He didn't strike you as someone who'll explain his thoughts or anything like that. But as he opens his mouth, scar stretching, you unconsciously smile.

He's right. Soulmates could also be platonic. And maybe that's the case for the two of them.

"Hey, what are you two talking about, huh? Care to share?" Senju teased, directing it at the both of you.

"We're talking about her jealous ass here."

"What the—"

You felt Rindou's hand on your thigh, gripping on it. It wasn't painful, it was comforting even.

"Well, actually I don't care about Haru-niichan, but Y/n, can I have your number?" Senju pulled out her phone and slid it towards you. "Please?"

"Senju, what are you trying to do?"

"Friendship?" She shrugged, blinking at Wakasa beside her.

"I know for a fact you don't mean that."

"Ugh! Fine. If only she ain't got a boyfriend."