Four.

04. FEELING

——

Maybe it's the way he talks, or the way he blinks and how cute the corner of his lips curve whenever he smiles. Or maybe it's just how he holds your hand, tucks them in his own pocket, or nuzzles his cheeks on your palm. It could also be how he kisses your forehead before he kisses you on your lips. Or how he plays with your hair and how you could feel his heartbeat whenever he embraces you and cuddles you close to his chest.

No matter what it is, you just know you've fallen too hard, fallen madly in love with him.

Getting that love out of your system would be too much of a miracle.

Rindou cleared his throat, trying to get your attention, "I'm hot, I know but it's rude to stare."

In embarrassment, your cheeks burned red creeping to our ears and neck. You averted your gaze, grabbing the book laying on the table to cover your face.

"I'm kidding, Y/n. You can stare at me all you like." He muttered, pulling the book from your hand.

"Not a good joke, Mr. Haitani."

"Yuck, don't call me like that."

"Why?"

Rindou pouted, a rare sight. "It sounds old."

"What? Ran would be sad if he heard you."

"But it's the truth. It's okay if he cries, once in a while."

"You should be nicer to your brother, you never know until when can you continue to bicker with him and visit him in his house. He's going to get married soon."

For a moment he looked away, "Nah, I've seen him move away with his previous wife. I've seen him get married, have a son of his own and I realized that he won't be there for me forever. It's fine, though. I have you."

You weren't able to answer. That's right. Ran was already married once and Rindou was probably lonely then, since Ran is all he had.

Somehow, you're grateful that you met him. You're grateful that you're there for him, right now.

"Yeah, you have me. So just stop teasing me and give me back my book."

"What the heck is this book even?" He turned the pages before looking back at you again. "Books about soulmates again? You really like these, huh?"

"I'm just curious. Aren't you curious who's your soulmate—"

He cut you off as he closed the book, "No. I don't really like the idea of soulmates. I don't like to be tied with a string or whatever. I'll choose who I want to love."

"Oh... I'm also thinking like that, okay? I mean it's not as if you're soulmates that you should be together. Love is not always about fate, right? It should be whether you really love them or not."

Rindou leaned back on his chair, crossing his arm over his chest. "Then why are you still curious about soulmates?"

You almost choked, "I... I just find the stories fascinating. Is that wrong?"

"Nope," He chuckled. "What do you want for lunch anyway? Do you want us to stay here in the library the whole day? Can this really be considered as a date?"

"You said I can choose whichever place I wanna go."

A sigh escaped his lips, seems like he can't— or just doesn't want to argue with you. "Let's just leave to eat lunch. I'll buy you the books you want to read."

"It's fine. I can just read some of them online. Just save your money, Rindou." You stood up and he followed you out. He's walking on your side like a bodyguard. Is this what they call scary dog privilege?