Two.

02. THE DESIGNER

——

First thing in the morning, your mouth tasted like rust. You rushed to the bathroom, slapping the light switch open to see yourself in the mirror in front. Slowly, you opened your mouth to check if you've bitten your tongue.

A small cut on the inner side of your mouth could be seen. You didn't remember anything. Instead of mulling over it, you looked over the wall clock that could be seen on the living room's wall. The clock just hit 5:30 am.

Early as a bird, you started preparing to go to work. As Ran's secretary, you must arrive earlier than him in the office to arrange things, schedule his meetings and to be the one to open the door for him.

After taking one bite on your toasted bread, you drank your coffee in one big gulp. Then you ran out of your house, hailing a cab that fortunately passed by the moment you locked your front door.

You arrived at exactly 7:00 am. Though you consider this an early time, the moment you opened the office door, you saw Ran sitting on his table, flipping over the pages of some reports.

"Oh, good morning, Ran."

"'Morning," He didn't even lift his gaze to look at you.

But it's fine, it's not like you need his greetings to keep your day going.

One last glance at him before you settled at your own desk, turning your computer on. The first thing you did was to check his appointment today. Same usual routine. Meeting some high profile person, some share and stakeholders and some potential business partners.

As you kept scrolling through the file, your phone vibrated beside you. One, two— no, three messages arrived. All from one person.

Letting go of the mouse, you picked your phone up. Clicking on the newly arrived message. Of course, Rindou's name flashed as the sender.

Wide smile curved on your lips as you silently read the messages.

(1) Good morning, Y/n.
(2) Tell Ran you're gonna eat lunch with me, not him with his old business partners. Okay?
(3) Btw, you at the office now? Kinda don't want to go to work today. :<

The third message came with an attached picture of him. An image of him still laying on his king size bed, purple highlighted hair sprawled on his white sheets. He's hugging his pillow and his chest could be seen. In conclusion, he sleeps naked and is still on the bed even though you know his work starts early, too.

Your fingers lingered on the keyboard before finalizing your response.

[Yes, Mr. Rindou. I'm already at the office, so get your ass working. If you don't, you can just eat lunch by yourself.]

[Aw.]

After his reply, you figure you didn't need to text him back anymore. He's probably running around his room now, hair wet and just a small white towel wrapped around his waist. You chuckled, putting your phone in 'do not disturb' mode.

"Y/n?"

"Yes, Ran?" You stood up to look at Ran who just called you. His attention is still on his work.

"Could you cancel my appointments today? I have some private things to settle today."

"Private things? Like what?"

This time, he finally looked at you, a small smile playing on his lips. "It's about the wedding."

"Oh!" You snapped your fingers, "You're meeting the designer?"