Six.

06. WRONG

--

At exactly 8 am, the sunlight coming through the small gap on Rindou's curtain woke you up. His arms around your bare waist, face nuzzled on the crook of your neck. You could feel his deep breath and the beat of his heart- even the warmth of his skin.

Chuckling, you brushed some of his hair that blocked his face before planting a small kiss on his cheek.

Due to this, Rindou slightly moved, reluctantly opening one of his eyes.

You smiled at his morning face, "Hey, good morning."

"'Morning," He groaned, pulling you back into his embrace. Probably doesn't even have a sliver of plan to stand up and get ready for work.

"I gotta go to work, Rindou," You tapped him on his back, feeling the fresh long scratches on his back (which you totally knew where they came from).

"Cancel your work."

"Woah, I can't. Ran needs to finish all his appointments this week so he can focus on his wedding."

Hearing this, Rindou finally opened both his eyes, turning to his side with a grunt. "I hate monday. My head is also throbbing. Ah, it's splitting."

Shaking your head, you stood up, grabbing your clothes that scattered on the floor. "If you have a hangover, you should probably rest for today. I'll visit you later, hm?"

Rindou turned to you, watching you wear all your clothes. Last night was hell. You didn't realize you drank way too much alcohol in hopes to drown whatever worries you acquired, figuring that you are once again Mitsuya's soulmate.

Your boyfriend took you home with him and who knows what happened next, but judging from how both of you are naked and the scratches on his back- you probably did the deed. Not that you're complaining, though.

After fixing yourself, you faced him again with a big bright smile. "I'm leaving now. I'm already late."

"I'll take you to your office. Wait for me-"

"Hey, no..." You averted your gaze, "I mean, you just rest there, okay? I can handle myself. So, go back to sleep."

It wasn't like you to hurriedly leave his place. You didn't even look back to wave at him. Maybe you forgot, or you were just so in a haste that you forgot to say 'I love you'.

-

"Y/n," Snapping you from your deep thoughts, Ran called you.

"Uh, yeah?"

"Can you get me some coffee?"

You eyed the coffee vending machine on the other side of the room and frowned. "The machine broke. I was about to grab a coffee when I came but it's not working anymore. Do you want me to go to the cafe nearby?"

Expecting a no, you sat back down but Ran smiled and pulled out his card. "Yes, please. One americano. You can also grab one yourself, it's on me."

"O...okay." You shook your head and left the company.

The cafe is just in front of the company building. Just a walking distance, but because your head throbs painfully, you couldn't help but mentally curse at Ran.

That jerk!

"One americano please." You smiled at the barista, tapping the card on the counter top.

Distracted was an understatement. Your head was just floating somewhere, thinking of unthinkable things. Finding answers to outrageous questions.