Eleven.

11. 50%

"Fuck," Rindou groaned as he washed his face with tap water, faucet running, mind wandering. He blinked, then stared blankly on his reflection on the mirror on y/n's bathroom. He heaved a sigh. Bags under his eyes, scratches on his back, redden lips... foggy mind.

His eyes wandered down his hands under the running water. Red bright string wraps around his pinky finger, connecting somewhere, connected to someone- to someone not the love of his life.

The light flicked open, "Oh, you're awake?" Y/n's voice vibrated deep in his skull, maximazing the pain. Was it the hung over or something else?

"Yeah, my head's aching."

Y/n walked closer, hands immediately went to touch his forehead and upon contact- his skin was burning from fever. "Oh my gosh, you're burning! Get back to bed, I'll go grab you medicine. Take a day off today."

Rindou wanted to say no, but he was too dizzy to complain. He dragged himself back to Y/n's bed, savoring the fading sound of her lovely voice. Savoring the lingering coldness of her palm on his forehead.

He doesn't know where he got the feeling- the feeling that you'll slip away from him. Maybe it's the fever that's talking. Hopefully.

"I'm going home early, Ran. I wonder why the hell are we both working when yesterday was just your bachelor's party?" Y/n groaned, almost slapping her keyboard in irritation. Same old routine, but this time she's worried about Rindou alone on her bedroom.

"It's work, Y/n. I told you, you can take a day off if you want. You said Rindou's sick?" He murmured, not taking his eyes of his desktop.

"He's having a fever."

"You should definitely go home now and take care of him. You know how he is when he's sick." Ran finally looked at you. A knowing smile imprinted across his face. He wiggled his brows, "He overthinks."

That was her last straw. The last time he was sick was when they fought and he was already imagining that y/n's breaking up with him. It was a disaster. She heaved a sigh, pushing herself up and grabbing her things. "Fine, I'm going home."

"Take care of him for me, Y/n. Don't let him do stupid things."

"He always do stupid things. I'm here to lessen the cause of those actions."

Ran shook his head, "What an enabler." He chuckled, waving her goodbye.

When she came home, she immediately went straight to her bedroom where Rindou's curled up in her blanket. Sweat dampening his forehead causing his hair to stick to his face and neck. He looked pained.

She sat down on the edge of the bed, palm pressing on Rindou's cheeks and instantly, his expression softened, leaning in for more of her touch.

"Y/n..." He hummed, opening his eyes slightly.

"Yeah? How are you feeling?"

Rindou blinked once, then twice before he laughed sarcastically, "I had a dream." He started, opening his eyes once more to stare at her shining orbs. "I had a dream that you left and never came back."

Yeah, he's an overthinker when he's sick. And what he thinks of are incredibly sad things. "What are you saying? We literally talked about getting married after Ran yesteday. Are you too drunk to remember?" Y/n leaned closer, "Do you want me to remind you?"

Finally, his attention was on Y/n's face again. His face contorted with sadness. His hand raising to touch your face- like you're something fragile, something faraway and unreachable.