Ten.

10. MARRIAGE

——

"Mitsuya, I'm sure she's trying to move on." Yuzuha sat awkwardly on one of the couches inside Mitsuya's office. While the owner himself was trying to drown himself on the pile of sketches on his working table.

He lifted his gaze for a second, eyeglasses sliding down his nose. "I just… I just wanted to talk again. She's avoiding me, isn't she?"

"She needs time to calm down. Your break up is just… it's too sudden, Mitsuya."

A sigh escaped his lips, his hand shaking while trying to grasp his pencil. Pain continued to linger on his chest and he doesn't know what caused it.

After all, he was the one who decided to break it off. He was the one who wanted to let go.

He blinked, continuing to draw.

"You should move on, too, Mitsuya." Yuzuha said once again. This time, she stood up and now in front of his table. She crouched a little, planting her palm on top of the desk to lean in closer. "I don't think she'll want to go back to you after hurting you."

Mitsuya wanted to disagree. But maybe it was his ego that was talking after all. The ego that keeps telling him that you'll come back to him if he tries to take you back. The ego that convinces him that he's the only person you'll ever love.

It was his mistake. He wanted to go back and take back whatever he had said.

He didn't want to let you go, after all.

Finally, he dropped the pencil, lifting his gaze to look at Yuzuha. She smiled, expecting him to give up. Instead, Mitsuya stood up, grabbing his car keys.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to apologize to Y/n. I don't want to let her go after all."

It might sound stupid, and it is stupid but Mitsuya still wanted to do so. Maybe it isn't too late.What if there's still a chance to take back whatever he said?

Though before he could reach the door, Yuzuha grabbed him in his arms, forcing him to take a step back. "Mitsuya, have some shame, will you?"

If we go back to how many years Mitsuya and Yuzuha have known each other, this was the first time she ever raised her voice directly at him. A nerve popping on her forehead.

She doesn't know for sure why she's so desperate to try and stop Mitsuya. Deep inside, she knew that it was her selfish want to keep the man all to herself.

"Leave her alone, please. You let her go, didn't you? Stop hurting yourself, Mitsuya. She's trying to move on now which means she doesn't want you to pursue her anymore. She accepted that you wanted to let her go. She respected what you wanted, and now what? You want her back, again? Stop it."

"But…"

"There's no but, Mitsuya. It's funny how you're able to think of all that just now. I know that you were so hurt by what happened but you didn't even stop to think. You immediately come into a decision to break up. That's hilarious and now you're regretting that decision! You already hurt her… and that's it. There's no going back."

"I can still fix it." Mitsuya's voice was breaking, the corner of his eyes burning. He wanted to let all his frustration out but it seems that he lacks the energy to even do so.

"I still want to take her back. I… promised her marriage. I promised I'll never leave her. I promised I'll love her forever."

Yuzuha averted her gaze. She didn't want to see anymore of Mitsuya's pained expression. Even her heart feels like breaking.