Seven.

07. MAYBE

--

"This or this?" Mitsuya handed over the compilation of gown designs to Aimi, and there, you only watched him work.

You weren't comfortable in your seat, there's no way you can be comfortable sitting in front of your ex-boyfriend and beside a seemingly crazy person who disguises himself as Aimi's cousin.

"Ah, Mr. Mitsuya, are you free this weekend?"

Mitsuya stopped for a moment to look at Ran who intentionally caught his attention.

Maybe because for a lot of years you've seen him smile, that's why you know when he's faking one. "I think so. Why?"

"Well, that's nice. I would like to invite you to my bachelor party."

Sanzu suddenly turned towards Ran, he had a frown on his face. "You didn't even invite me?"

Ran laughed and tapped Sanzu on his shoulder, "I was about to. I can always invite you anytime but Mr. Mitsuya's quite busy... so I figure this is my only chance." Ran faced Mitsuya again. "So, how about it?"

It was only a second, but you were certain he looked your way. A slight tint of regret was visible on his eyes.

"Sure," a fake smile once again, "Just tell me the location."

Now that you're too close with him again, so close that just one move, just one surge of courage and you'll be able to touch him again. A thought crosses your mind. What was his reaction seeing the red string once again?

"Ah, now that you mention the bachelor party. Ran, I was also thinking of celebrating a bachelorette party myself." As if you expected it, Aimi turned to you. "Should we arrange one?"

You absentmindedly nodded, "Sure, of course you should. It'll be unfair that he's the only one who's gonna have fun."

Aimi clapped her hand together before turning to face Mitsuya again. "With that being said, I also want to invite Yuzuha. You know, the girl who's helping you here."

"Ah, Yuzuha. I'll tell her."

And again, he looked at you.

""Hey, babe, what do you think about this gown?" Just like a lovely couple, Ran and Aimi converse intimately and all you can do is smile for them.

You missed Rindou.

Maybe this is the longest you can go without being able to receive all his sweet messages, a day without him pestering you with his calls or barging into Ran's office just to openly flirt with you.

It's funny because when he was doing it, you were annoyed. And now that he's not, you're feeling lonely.

A sigh escaped your lips and everyone's attention suddenly directed at you. "What's wrong?"

You forced a smile, you can even feel how Mitsuya's gaze burned at the back of your head. "Ah, I... I'll just go. I need to take some calls. I'll be back."

Aimi nodded, "If you're planning to call Rindou. You should just go to his condo. I'm sure he's pretty drunk一 hangover. Yeah, bring hangover pills."

Ran laughed, "He'll hate me for this but Aimi's right. Just go visit him. I don't know if you guys got into a lover's quarrel but he seemed pretty sad."

You looked down. A sudden pain on your chest reverberated. Maybe it was your fault. Maybe he's sensing that you're hiding something from him.

"Yeah, I will. Just take your time and choose the best gown, alright?"