IV: Lull Me To Sleep

Sinisikap na i-distract ni Capricorn ang sarili from the tingling sensation down her spine na lumalala by the minute. Alam niyang may mga mata na nagmamasid sa kanyang likuran niya. She was sure na nakita at nakilala siya ng binata, judging from the way that subtle smirk crept from his lips earlier. Oh, how I love to make that smirk disappear. Well, kissing him is one of the ways. Damn, this little devil! You said his lips looked delicious, so you might want to figure that out.

"Shut up, you little piece of shit!" Oh, I blurted it out. Agad siyang nagtakip ng bibig. Batid ni Capricorn na narinig siya ng bartender dahil lumingon ito sa kanya. She smiled at him to make up for her little blunder.

Capricorn senses that the impending doom is near when she hears the ecstatic voice of her friend approaching. Oh, my... she's not alone. Please... please... not him. Well, the odds were not in Capricorn's favor, it seemed. Three people joined her at the bar counter. Umupo sa kaniyang kaliwa ang matalik na kaibigan. Next to Selene is the guy who she remembered as Chase. Now, it doesn't require rocket science to determine kung sino ang umupo sa bandang kanan ni Capricorn. She didn't despise curved bar counters before in her life, until now. The man named Nathan is in her peripheral vision, whether she likes it or not.

"Hey, babe... we got company." Selene seems giddy about the idea of having more members on their little turf. "Nathan here was kind enough to join us. He was worried that he might be taking me away from you."

Capricorn couldn't help but smile at her. She's not comfortable around Nathan dahil sa nangyari nung una nilang encounter, but seeing her friend as if she's living a dream ay sapat ng dahilan para maging masaya siya para dito. Bahagya niyang kinurot ang pisngi ng kaibigan, and her best friend giggled.

"Well, let me formally introduce them to you. On my left is Mr. Chase Salvador, and on your right is the most famous successful bachelor in town, Mr. Nathaniel Solomon."

Capricorn wishes she could pull off an eye roll at this moment.

"That would be too much for an introduction, but thanks, nonetheless." Nathan smiled.

"Please, let's kick modesty aside." Natatawa na sambit ni Selene. "Anyway, this is Capricorn Ricafort, my moon, my comfort, and my special person. There's no one like her in this lifetime."

Capricorn gazed lovingly at her best friend. Her introduction of her warms her heart.

"Thanks, love, for the heart-warming introduction." Capricorn reached for Selene's hand on the top of the counter and squeezed it. "Pleasure to meet both of you." She then addressed the gentlemen. Capricorn glanced at Chase when the guy acknowledged her greeting.

"Pleasure's all mine." Just when Capricorn thought their exchange of greetings would go smoothly, Nathan chose to play a game nang naisipan nitong iabot sa kanya ang kamay. She's left with no choice but to accept the hand. She planned to barely shake it, but Nathan was not having it. Mahigpit nitong hinawakan ang kanyang kamay sabay pisil. It was Chase who broke up the handshake moment with his fake cough. Capricorn silently thanked Chase for his intervention. She was about to snap.

Chase ordered their usual booze at binilhan din nito si Selene ng gustong inumin. Capricorn was offered an alcoholic beverage, but she turned it down. She will be driving her friend back. Lagpas alas dos ng madaling-araw nang magdesisyon silang apat na umuwi na. Selene is already dozing off. The two gentlemen, however, are still in control of their extremities despite the alcohol they have taken.

Capricorn is guiding and half-carrying Selene to the parking lot. The two men are with them. Nathan called his driver earlier to pick them up. And guess what? The driver parked alongside her car. This happenstance that keeps on happening between them is becoming weird. Dahan-dahan na pinaupo ni Capricorn si Selene sa shotgun seat. She was closing the passenger door when she felt someone's presence behind her.