XII: Longing

Isang magarbong penthouse ang bumungad kay Capricorn pagkabukas ng private elevator. She's been to a few penthouses before, and they all scream elegance and luxury. Her mom owned one in London. It was barely used and it served as her accommodation, kapag binibisita niya ang ina. Her last visit was after her breakup with Andrew. When Nathan opened the main door, she caught a glimpse of the double-height, spacious living room. She was glad that Nathan preferred the minimalist design. The interior decor is in white and gray, including the furniture. It perfectly complements the gorgeous finishes of steel, granite, and marble. The glass curtain walls are perfect for natural light. It also provides a perfect view of the city, especially at night. 

"Can I get you anything?" Nakaalalay pa rin si Nathan sa dalaga.

"A glass of water will do," nakangiting sagot ni Capricorn. Saglit siyang iniwan ng binata. Ginamit ng dalaga ang pagkakataon para i-explore ang loob ng penthouse. She was admiring a beautiful painting when she felt Nathan's presence behind her. The painting gives off a similar vibe to Nocturne in Black and Gold, the Falling Rocket by James Abbott McNeill Whistler. Although Whistler's painting is of fireworks over a picturesque London park, the work of art in front of her is a painting of a starry night sky over a mountainous landscape. Both artists used similar shades, textures, and mediums.

"Do you like it?" Nathan whispered close to Capricorn's ear.

Capricorn felt goosebumps all over her body. Her ears, as well as her neck, are the two most sensitive parts of her. She took a step forward before turning to face the man behind. He is such a beautiful sight! Nathan is wearing a white sweatshirt, gray chino pants, and white sneakers. He looked 10 years younger. Or does he ever age? He still looks the same as he did some years back.

"It's aesthetically pleasing to the eye." Hindi sure si Capricorn kung 'yung description ba na binanggit niya eh para sa painting o para dito sa lalaking kaharap niya.

"I think so, too." Inabot ni Nathan sa dalaga ang bitbit nitong isang basong tubig.

"Thanks..." Uminom ng kaunti ang dalaga para mabawasan ang panunuyo ng kanyang lalamunan. Pagkatapos ay ibinaba niya ang baso sa console table na nasa kanyang likuran.

"Are you okay?" may pag-aalala na tanong ng binata.

"A little bit dizzy," pinong sagot ng dalaga.

"What were you doing at the club?" Nathan used an interrogating tone. "Alone." 

"Drinking..." sagot ng dalaga. Imbes na ma-intimidate sa paraan ng pagtatanong ng binata, nakaramdam pa siya ng tuwa. He cares.

"Yeah, obviously. Pero bakit ka uminom mag-isa?"

"Selene's in Malaysia." Patuloy ang dalaga sa pagbibigay ng hindi diretsong sagot dito.

"I know and that's not what I'm asking." May katigasan na ang tono ng binata. "Were you planning to go home drunk?"

"I didn't drive all the way there," alibi ni Capricorn.

"That is not what I'm asking you, Cap." May diin sa boses ng binata.

Capricorn noticed Nathan's worry, which she doesn't understand considering she's with him now. Despite this, the gesture made her heart ache with delight. She approached the man and flung her arms around his neck. Thanks to her heeled sneakers, hindi siya gaanong nahirapan na abutin ang leeg ng binata. Damn, Capricorn! You better not regret this.

"I'm fine now, so stop worrying," she whispered, close to Nathan's face. Napansin ng dalaga na biglang na-tense ang binata. God, he smells so good.