Shattered dreams 10

Shattered dreams 10

It's Monday time is 6:30 in the morning, the day is promising I need to be ready for work. We own a construction firm and it's doing quite good. Max and I met in university...

My thoughts are disturbed by my phone, it's my mom. I take my phone and go outside the bedroom I don't want to wake up Max, anyway I need to go and take a bath.

"Mom I know exactly why you calling... Yes we're still together mom and yes we made love last night. Mom I'm not breaking up with him if that's your question..."
"Did what? Tell me you're not that stupi..."
"Mom stop it or I'm dropping this call, I know who my dad is. I might hate him for leaving you and if this is the way of getting back at him..."
"Getting back at him? Don't be naive, what do you think is the reason he left? I love you too much sweetie so I kept this from you, he found me in bed with Max's father while I was still married to him. I always had a soft spot for Max's father, he'd disappear for years but when we meet again he'd have his way with me. I really love him baby..."
"Mom you cheated on dad?"

I found myself heating up.

"Are you saying I'm the reason he left you're the reason. Both of you."
"Sweetie are we going to argue about that now? I'm just checking up on you after you left here mad. Eric forgave me and we were happy for more than two years after that until he started doubting your paternity. He wanted a DNA test and I didn't so I talked with a friend of a friend and I gave him the DNA test that was 99,8% but after that he was never the same. So I know what you're going through..."
"You didn't do the test? Damn mother who's my dad? Geez you're such a witch. I'm sorry to say that but I'm mad at you now. Byebye mama."

I switch off my phone. Damn I'm mad, my mind is disgusted. Mom fogged a DNA test! My God what does this means? My dad left because of me...no he left because of her cheating. My God how would I look at Max now? Is this history repeating itself? So she doubted my paternity too? Damn I can't tell Max this, but I'm sure I'm not Max's sister. The love we have is not brotherly and sisterly love this is a real thing.

I work with handsome men who want me but to me they're like my brothers. I can't get it on for them. Well what do I know I never had a brother I only have Max but I know women who always say they can't say yes because some guys who are chasing them are like brothers to them.

'Damn mother you fogged a DNA test?!!'

I thought out loud with anger as I open cold water on the shower. I want it cold now.
__
© Lungi Shigo Msusa