Shattered dreams 22

I wake up in a confused state of mind, I'm in my bed Soga is standing over me. Seeing his worried face everything comes flooding in. I get out of the bed like a lunatic. To my surprise and because of my anger I'm strong.

I'm looking for my phone I want to check on my daughter in-law. I really love Noxy. She's going to kill herself this time. She can't be a sister of the man she loves. She can't be Max's sibling.

"What are you doing Linda? Relax don't rush yourself, you need a doctor..."
"By that you mean your Dr Phillips? What did you mean when you said you agreed with him. You agreed on what? How is my daughter, does she know already? - My God where is my phone?

I'm as mad as a new lunatic. The worse part is not knowing a thing. What exactly is happening? I want my daughter in-law to be alright.

"Relax Linda... She'll never know."

He's getting hold of me, he wants me to relax and stop looking for the phone... she'll never know... what is he talking about. Now I have to face him. I'm mad his charms won't work this time. So he isn't here because he loves me, he wants me.

"Dr Phillips loves those two kids..."
"You mean your kids? Damn Soga they're both your kids, they're in love. They have a kid together and they're about to get married. How do you think they're going to take the news? Noxy almost died you know that."
"Exactly...I know damnit that's why I'm here. That's why she'll never know. That's why I agreed with Dr Phillips."

What is this man talking about? She'll never know...he agreed with Dr Phillips. He's talking in riddles

"What have you done Soga?"

I really have no idea what he's on about. Soga is hiding something from me and it's very important. I know this man.
I continue.

"So the doctor phoned you yesterday... phoned just you, you alone...to tell you alone about the test results without my daughter?...

Oh my God it dawned on me...my gosh...Soga am I hearing you correct...she'll never know...that's exactly what you said. (I'm thinking to myself)

Back to him...again in shock I ask.

"What have you done Soga?"

I'm looking straight at him. Now I want answers. Who the hell does he think he is? These are my kids we're talking about here, mine alone. Max is mine alone.

"Seat please."

Did he just said I must seat down!

Damn he's worried now he's looking at me for sympathy. I'm not seating down I want him to talk.

"Soga I need to go to the hospital my daughter needs me - talk damnit. What am I going to find there?"

"You'll find a happy couple."

What?!! Is that all? Why is he not talking now? He's not known to be a two minutes man. A happy couple... what happy couple?

"Talk damnit or leave. I'll find it all out by myself Dr Phillips will talk to me or the cops...The DNA proved you're the father but you telling me that is that's good news to my kids - my kids Soga. The news would break them, Noxy would kill herself... Soga we were planning the wedding just yesterday."

"My point exactly. I was at the hospital when Thozi told me told me that you and her daughter were continuing with the wedding plans as if nothing happened. I know how much you love Noxy. I know you've really accepted her as your daughter in-law. (*Yes that was before this, now everything is going to the left* I do not say this to him he's on the role, he's really melancholic i don't want to disturb him)... The reason Dr Phillips called is that he feels like you and me, he loves the kids. He loves their love story. He witnessed a miracle on what love can do. He saw love bringing back someone to life. He really believes that love is from God himself..."

He pause a little, I know he needs some water. I'm not getting him water he has to tell me what they did.
After seeing that I'm not interested in him nor his water break he continues. I'm mad at him and on the back of my mind I know where this is going but I can't believe it. I can't believe he can be that selfish and foolish. Why is he telling me all this, it's their secret - Dr Phillips and himself. Is he looking for his heart in me?

"...Dr Phillips is a doctor he doesn't believe in losing life. He's white so in their culture they're not superstitious...(my God this is going exactly to where I think it's going.)... Since the kids are too much in love and we all love their union and they have a kid together - the kids are happy - he couldn't let Noxy die again."
"Wait a minute...so he asked for your permission to rig the test...I mean to falsify the test and you agreed because you're both God?"

My legs starts to be weak now, I'm looking at him I've never seen him so vulnerable and this sorry in his life. My God I love this side of him. Why did he hide it when when we were together. Yes Noxy will kill herself, my son, our son would be lost without her and they already have a healthy daughter - Uthi - together.

"Move, let me seat down next to you my legs are done. Damn Soga I hate you right now."

I don't know what to think, I love Noxy. I wanted the kids to be married and be happy together. My anger is confused now. A part of me wants to understand what Soga did. He loves my son I'm sure of that and he showed that love at the hospital few days ago.

I really meant it when I said I hate him  at this moment and to my surprise I don't wanna hear the story anymore I know it all and it's really like him to be this selfish and heartless. He knows he can't do that it's against our culture. Thozama knew he was the father all along she'll want another test. This is incest in our culture the relationship must be stopping. It's doomed to end horrible or their kids will be paraplegic or there'll be something wrong with the kids. In ....... culture the ancestors will give their back on such a union.

My phone rings in the bathroom. Geez it must be the kids. I jump rushing to my phone.

Its Noxy video calling me. My God they're so happy they have Uthi with them. She's already eating an ice cream, they're at the Mall. They're spoiling her like crazy it's obvious they're celebrating.

"Mama look at your granddaughter ... hip hip hurray... we're celebrating... we're going to be husband and wife really soon. Dr Phillips came through for us. Look..."

She shows me all the beauty they bought, my son is so happy he isn't even looking at me he's chasing his daughter Uthi around.
--
© lun180

*What do you think
*Please leave a comment
*Don't forget to vote