Shattered dreams 26

Soga

Thozi is messed up. She's positive the DNA test have been tempered with. Who would do that and why she isn't sure yet. She's drunk and can't stop accusing me of being involved with the tempering. Do I look like I can do something like that to her. She knows I love her.

Yes I love her, she'll always have a place in my heart. She's the mother of my child. The child I never knew was mine. A child now who's loving my son to death. I'm doing this for her and her love for my son. It's my only big gift to her. She'll never know I swear on my life. I'll protect their happiness. Nothing would come between them and their happiness. I didn't start this they were in love long before I got into the picture. I wasn't even thinking about it until Dr Phillips opened my eyes. We could have lost Noxy with the original results.

I agree with Dr Phillips science hasn't proved anything wrong with their union. They already have a cute health kid, Uthi. Fu*k our culture I always believed it was keeping us in the dark ages, I don't believe in ancestors either, they are dead. Science never proved they exist. My kids are happy that's all that matters.

The bathroom door opens, Thozama is still pissed.

"I need a drink Soga."
"No you don't Love, we need to talk as adults here no more fighting. You know I love you, don't you?"

She lets me continue, I don't think she believes in our love anymore. This is going to need a lot of work convincing her I care. Her not-really-into-me eyes are looking at me to finish lying to myself. I can feel and hear them, I'm talking to a drunken doll here.

Her beautiful white face has pink chicks full of blood, she's barefoot and her expensive red summer dress by Amanda is half zipped at the back. Her shaven long legs are looking a bit tired this woman could have been a model. I could have loved this woman if Linda had really given me my heart back when we broke up - I mean when she up and left me. Lord help me calm her I need her to believe in me again. I used to be her world.

"Why are we fighting Love? You know I love you and I love your daughter, she's a part of you, why would I not love her. She's you in my eyes, she has your smile. Do I look like someone who can do something cruel to you and yours. She could have been my daughter, why would I not want her in my life. We could have been a perfect family..."
"Fu*k you Love...
Wow she's being sarcastic on the word now.
"... your family will always be her you showed me that today, you love Linda and Max Love..."

She's been sarcastic again when pronouncing that word Love, she knows that's our word... she's disturbed by her ringing mobile. It's next to me and it's her Noxy - my Soon to be daughter in-law.

We're at the bedroom now, and she's sobering up.

"Talking about your daughter, it's her."

I give the phone to her.

Thozi isn't happy I thought she was going to be happy it's her daughter on the phone.

Noxy said hello first, I think, she also asked how she's doing.

"I'm not okay Noxy, why would I be?

"xxxxxx..."

"I'm with your father."

I can't hear Noxy on the other side but I can imagine her questions. The kid is worried about her mom.

"xxxxxx..."

"Yes I'm a little drunk why not, my only child doesn't wanna believe me. Yes I had few glasses of Chardonnay... She's your father Noxy please believe me my child. I'll never lie with something as big as this to you..."

"xxxxxx..."

"Ok yes I lied before about your paternity test. Noxy I knew from the beginning that Eric wasn't your dad that was why I did it. I was doing it for you. I've learned my lesson I'm not doing it again. Soga is your biological father."

"xxxxxx..."

"Yes I think someone did what I did years ago - years ago Noxy - bought the results."

"xxxxxx..."

"Why mama? Don't why mama me? You're my daughter you should be believing me not some test that can be tempered with. How can you ask me why? Someone doesn't want the three of us happy together."

"xxxxxx..."

"Yes the three of us, he's your father Noxy and no test can prove me wrong on that. I'm going to prove it to you..."

She goes to the bathroom again, it's the Chardonnay, that gave me the chance to run out of the room down the stairs out the front door into my car. Damn I have to phone Dr Phillips we might have a problem here.

I dial his number in the car as quickly as possible. I'm breathing in a controlled rhythm my heart is pumping with fear.
-
© lun180