Shattered dreams 14

Shattered dreams 14

Max

We're at the East London Private Hospital, everyone is here. My mom and my dad (my step dad), my biological father and his partner - Noxy's mom, Thozama.

My parents have been briefed by Soga (the ever so sharp biological dad - the rolling stone), now we're all waiting for the doctor. My parents are so shocked, especially my mom. If this is true it happened while she was still deeply in love with him. I'd say it happened under her watch. She loves Noxy a lot but she knows Soga too. This could be possible. At that time he was the talk of the Town, every girl's man.

"I love her mom."

I break the silence. It's me and my mom.

"I know son, I love her too. You need to do the test son, I'm with Thozama on this one."
"Mama don't tell me you believe all this nonsense..."
"I can't put this past Soga, I was never enough for him and Thozi is still there she never got out and moved on. I was there where she is remember and I know your father more than anyone in this world."

Damn this would kill Noxy and my mother believes it's possible too. We could be siblings.

"Is that what dad thinks too?"
"Yes son...and the sooner the bet..."
"Mama it would kill her."
"Soga thinks she doesn't have to know. All you need is..."
"You mean you three discussed this without me?"

I'm not surprised I know who exactly initiated the discussion. It's obvious it's Soga, my ever so calculating dad.

"What about Sisi Thozi, she's her mother for God's sake. She can't be Involved in stabbing her daughter in the back while she's there fighting for her life."

To my surprise i'm angry. Is this not what was on my mind before all this? I was ready to leave her, it was this or nothing. I told her the wedding was off. I almost killed her.

"Sorry Mama I love her more than life itself I'll never know how to live without her. I'll never do the test while she's still against it. It would kill her."

I'm convinced now that anymore talks about the test would kill Noxy. She was still unconscious when the paramedics took her inside the ambulance. Thanks Lord it arrived early.

"Do you want to speak to Soga about this, he's pretty convincing."

I don't want to speak to that man, he's always taking shortcuts in life without considering other people's feelings. Noxy and I love each other, why can't anyone understands that! My heart is torn apart, I wanted to die with her before the paramedics revived her.

"I'm not doing the test mama and I don't want to talk to Soga, this is all his fault."

I leave her there she can't see me cry. Now for the first time in my life I hate my biological dad.

"I'm sorry if all of this is making you cry sweetie but I'm still with Soga on this one. Do the test i hate seeing you like this."

Geez I can't hide anything from her I'm not even looking at her but she can see I'm about to cry.

"My daughter is critical. There are complications, she's not regaining her pulse soon enough her pulse is very low for too long, the doctors are worried."

My God she talked to the doctors without me, I'm her husband, the father of her kid. She stays with me. Is she blaming me? What kind of a mother is she?
-
© Lungi Shigo Msusa