Shattered dreams 11

Shattered dreams 11

Max arrived late at the office and I was worried I was about to call him when he enters.
*
Alone in the car to work I was in deep thoughts. Mama had spoiled my day. Though the sun was shining it wasn't for me. Inside me was turmoil, my head full of bricks. I tried to think of last night's love making but it was saying byebye too. Saying your mother lied to you now you thinking of doing the same thing to Love.

I hate what my mama did she planted the seed in me.

No I'm not telling Max because if I wanted to I would have told him the moment I came out of the bathroom instead I flashed my nakedness in his face. I loved him when he showed interest like always. My nakedness never failed to arouse him I would have been died if it didn't at that moment.
*

"You're late."

I say that to him worried to lose love.

"Sweetie it's only three minutes past eight."

I look at the time, geez he's correct. I look at him again.

My God he's smiling and calling me sweetie, he's still on last night's romance. I smile and everything disappear.

'Lord this man loves me.'

I smile at my happy thoughts as I go to close the door, I want us to talk about last night's love making. Closing the door he's next to me kissing my neck whispering;

"Did I tell you you look stunning today?"

Oh my God the feelings inside me reply before I do. I'm on.

"This is the office Max not the bedroom."

I say that slowly going to my desk, I don't know what would have happened if he would have stopped me with his passion. I want him too.

Our office walls are of glass but I'm not into talking about the beauty of the office right now and how much money we have, we're amongst the best in the business and we're on the top floor.

''I received a call from my mom this morning."

That comes out spontaneously out of ripples of love I'm getting from him. Max says nothing. My God I've reminded him of the beast we're facing. Damn I hate what love is doing to me. I'd told myself that I wasn't telling Max about this, look now he's returning back to his shell.

"I'm the reason they divorced..."
"Noxy can we talk about something else? We're at work. And baby you can't be the reason for your parents's divorce. I have three parents so I know. A child is never..."
"Wait until you hear the whole story. Soga is the reason again. He seems to be my bad luck as he is yours..."
"Thixo wase Natal! Don't tell me you're mad at my dad now. You know how I love him, I've accepted who he is he was never a bad luck to me. Actually Noxy he's the opposite. I wouldn't be who I am if he was in my life... And what do you mean? Your mother is the one who started this conversation and she knows better about paternity than he does. My dad didn't even know we were a couple, he's seeing you for the first time. I love that man Noxy and my step father doesn't have a problem with that nor with him as my second father and so is my mother. You barely spoke to him last night. So tell me what is really the problem? He can't be your bad luck in that period of time. Are thinking he might be really your father? What did your mom said? I know what you are doing Noxy..."
"Tell me what I'm doing Max? Go ahead you seem to know what's on my mind more than I do."
"Noxy I don't want to fight this early in the morning. This is the office but don't start with my father I've told you about him and my relationship with him. I love him and I don't get tired of defending him, I've been doing that all my life. If it's the DNA that's eating you let's just do it and be done with it."

Wow I've said the wrong words. I'm sharp with my tongue I can't help it and I'm not apologizing for that it's who I am. I was just mad at him (Max) for going back to his shell regretting last night and the kiss we just had.

I just want to tell him about the phone call from my mom. Now it's escalating to this, we are both mad and I'm ready for a fight.

'Do not tell him about the fogged DNA he'll insist on being there when the test is being done.'

That's my conscience.

My conscience is mad too now. Looks like it has made up it's decision. Yes mother has planted the seed.
__
© Lungi Shigo Msusa