Shattered dreams 20

Shattered dreams 20

Linda Sidloyi (Max's mom)

My kids are very happy and I'm looking forward to the wedding - I was happy at the hospital too. My daughter in-law lived. I wanted my daughter in law to live. I love that kid she's good for my son, she's making him happy. Ever since she came into his life he became a progressive young man who loves his family. He loves his daughter. He'll do anything for them. He's just the opposite of his father. Soga is so selfish he thinks of himself only.

Damn why do I have to smile when I think of that. These last three days I've been doing nothing else but thinking about Soga. It was good to be with him at the hospital. He was really a dad. I didn't know that side of him. He loves Max very much, he wanted to take his problems and make them his. He also flirted with me and I enjoyed that. I enjoyed his company more than my husband's that day. We were real parents for the first time. My God I want to talk with him. Damn what would Thozama say she's already suspicious. Damn am I at my age having the baby mama syndrome? She thinks we're still in love. Am I still in love with him? Why didn't I corrected Thozama when she said that at the hospital? Well Soga is like that he'll never change, he's just a philandering bastard you love and hate - my philandering bastard. Damn Thozama is correct I still love him.

I'm calling him, he must be worried sick about the results today too. What if Noxy is his daughter? - Damn Soga is mine (I'm dialing his number as I think that)

"Hi beautiful, I knew you miss me."

This bastard is flirting as ever. Where's Thozama, he can't be saying that next to her. No, he's not that stupid.

"How did you know it's me?"

I'm smiling like a teenager I was when we first met. Damn I still love him. That day is on my mind this minute. I can see the young Soga smiling at me. The bastard knew even then that I was in love with him too. *How did you know it's me?* damn how can I ask him that... obviously he saw my number on his screen.

"I was expecting your call."
"Wow! Why?"
"You still love me, that's why..."
"Don't be crazy I'm happily married..."
"Then why did you wait for your husband to leave before you call?"
"How do you know that? I'm not like you I hide nothing from my husband."
Damn I'm flirting with him too. I'm all smiles like a crashing teenager on the phone.
"Where's Thozama?"
Damn my jealousy had to ask that. My Goodness I'm married.
"She's at her house, she's too convinced I'm the daddy I had to get some air. I've been hearing that from her all these last three days..."
My God he's really worried I can hear it in his tone. I've never really thought about it that way. I've never really thought about how he feels in all this. Damn I'm worried now - for him not me. Yes he didn't really wanted to do the test.

"Where are you?"
"Look out the window - your window."

What, that can't be true, he can't be outside my house. I rush to the lounge's window. Damn my heart saw him first and jumps to him. What's happening? Damn he can't see me like this. I rush to the bathroom, my heart is beating like a drum. Damnit I'm wearing a light nighty he'll see everything. Where's my phone? I dropped my phone on the sofa.

I quickly wash my face and rush back to my phone.

"Hi are you still there, give me few minutes and come inside the door is open."

I don't wait for him to say anything I switch off the phone and rush upstairs to put on a long gown. Damn I'm acting like a teenager crashing. My daughter in-law is waiting for me, I can't be entertaining her supposedly dad here and now - my God I love him, like a teenager I'm falling for him again. Damnit.
**

Noxy

Geez I love my family. I love this man I love my daughter. We're at the hospital - the East London Private. I'm ready to celebrate, Max has promised to take us to the Hemingways Mall to celebrate this victory with our daughter. We're both positive we're not siblings. We've been making love all these last three days trying for another baby. I think we succeeded, I can feel it. I've checked with my gynaecologist that Dr Phillips recommended, she told me it was a really good time for me and my cycle to have a baby... I love Dr Phillips he understands clearly our situation and our great love affair. He says it's like a romantic movie, he has never seen anything like it - me either, I'm a very lucky young women. On my first real love affair out of university I'm really in love and married or soon to be married.

"Here is Dr Phillips, he's waiting for us."

Says my Max carrying Uthi and disturbing my beautiful thoughts.

"She can walk on her own you know that?"

I'm smiling like a wife in love, he's spoiling my kid.

We share some pleasantries with Dr Phillips then he takes us to his office. Surprise surprise...my mom is already there. That must be the reason Dr Phillips isn't "himself". Mama (My mother in law, Max's mother) is supposed to be here she's the one who was with me through all these last few days. We even planned the wedding.

"Hi mom, you don't wanna miss anything, right?"
I joke with her knowing exactly she's going home crying.
"No. Max what is Uthi doing here?"
"Sis Thozi please... let's get this over with please. We really wanna concentrate on the wedding plans and making more grandchildren for you. Can't you see she's happy to be here, she's happy to see you and we're busy making more grandchildren for you and playmates for her..."
"Over my..."
"Mother!"

Yes she was going to say 'over her dead body'. Damn why is she so adamant. Where's Soga isn't he supposed to be here holding her hand. This woman is going to go gaga once she finds out we're not siblings.

"Open the envelope baby."

I didn't even see Dr Phillips giving us the envelope. He's not talking much today. Wonder what my mom said to him.

I open the envelope without any fear at all.

The joy inside me is tripled I leave the envelope there for my mom to see I'm over the desk hugging Dr Phillips. Max joins us with the baby, we're all hugging him. The test is positive we're not siblings. Soga is not my father.

"This can't be true - never!"

My mom is grumpy. The doctor is not as happy as I thought he'll be. I thought he loves us and he loves this.

"The tested father is excluded...blah blah blah. The percentage is 0%."
-
© Lungi Shigo Msusa

*What do you think
*Please leave a comment
*Don't forget to vote