005. three headed dog

third person pov

third person pov

the four made their way up the stairs, ron rambling on "I'm telling you, it's spooky

the four made their way up the stairs, ron rambling on "I'm telling you, it's spooky. she knows more about you than you do."

"who doesn't?" harry says as they hurry up the stairs but they didn't get further than half way, the stairs shifting.

"woah- the heck?" roslyn grips onto the banisters as did the gryffindors. harry seems to look back at everyone "what's happening?"

"the staircases change, remember?" hermione says. the stairs case continues to move until it attaches to the beginning of a corridor.

"let's go this way." harry says as ron continues "before the staircases moves again"

the tall, metal door squeaked as it was pushed open, making roslyn teeth clench "couldn't be quieter, could it."

the four walk into the corridor, statues oddly placed around the space which were full of cobwebs. roslyn could swear she heard rats running across the floor.

"does anyone feel like we shouldn't be here?" ron asked dumbfounded, roslyn and hermione both looked him, hermione answering "we're not supposed to be here."

"yeah, this is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden. don't you guys listen?" roslyn says after hermione finishes.

before anyone could say another word, fire lights besides them. harry looks at it for a moment before saying "let's go" however filch's cat from behind them meows.

"it's filch's cat"

"run!"

the four run in the opposite direction of the exit, the fire following them as the run past. they ran quickly, trying their best not to be caught by filch.

"look! let's hide through that door" roslyn says as she begins to lose her breath, her chest racing with both the lack of oxygen and the anxiety of getting caught.

harry stops, tugging on the door handle, his voice filled with frustration "it's locked!"

"that's it, we're done for." ron says as he looks around, his face filling with fear.

"oh move over!" hermione pushed in front, pulling her wand out to point at the door handle "alohomora"

the door opens with a creak, the boys looking at the door in fascination. roslyn looked around for gesturing for everyone to go inside. the pile up in the door way of it, all letting out a shakey breath.

"alohomora?" ron questions as if the spell doesn't exist. roslyn rolls her eyes, looking at the boy "standard book of spells, chapter seven? do you guys not read?"

the four heard filch arrive. they all hitched a breath, sucking it in and trying to be as silent as they possibly could. all of them glared at each other before they heard him leave, all letting out a sigh.

"filch is gone." hermione clarified, ron looking up, slightly exploring the area around him "he thinks this doors locked."

roslyn stared at him "it was locked."

"and for a good reason." harry said worriedly, staring at something as the other finally stood by him, seeing exactly what he was seeing. a three headed dog, brown and it was drooling everywhere.

roslyn stared at it, gulping in fear "what the hell"

just then, the thing stood up on its feet slowly, getting bigger. the four kids stared at it for sure long moment in fear, not really finding anything to say or do.

but the three headed dog started growling and all kids let out a scream of fear before running out the door. one of the three heads of the dog pushed on it and tried to get through.

all the kids held on the door, pushing back against it to close it. once they did it, hermione latched it.

the four kids ran off, realizing they would have to part ways with roslyn considering she was in a different house than they were.

harry gave a sad smile, still in shock "we'll catch up with you tomorrow"

roslyn gave a nod, obviously not wanting too but knew she had to. just after that, the three kids left her standing there. she then turned on her feet and left after.