012. its just the start

third person pov

third person pov

roslyn was just waiting by the door when they arrived

roslyn was just waiting by the door when they arrived. she obviously did not have a invisibility cloak so when waiting around, she had to be careful about being seen.

they revealed that they were there, using a spell to unlock the door before all piling into the room with the three headed dog.

however, when they got there. a harp was already playing a delicate, calming tune.

"wait a minute, he's snoring" ron pointed out, the other three of them nodding.

"snapes already been here. he's put a spell on the harp" harry thought out loud. roslyn shook her head but didn't say anything.

the four walked closer to the beast, fluffys breath almost acting like wind by being hard to walk through, blowing their hair. but it didn't smell good.

"eugh, he's got horrible breath" ron said in disgust, roslyn pinching her nose "tell me about it"

all of them look down, harry quickly speaking "we have to move it's paw"

"what?" ron said breathlessly. but harry didn't explain, he just urged on "come on!"

he bent down, the rest of them following his lead. they lightly gripped, putting their hands under the paw and slowly moved it out the way of the trap door. they then put the paw down carefully, trying not to wake him.

another gust of the beasts breath came at them, they all put their hands in front of their faces before crouching down, roslyn opening the trap door.

"who wants to go first?" roslyn said, lifting her eyebrows up.

harry sighed "I'll go first. don't follow until I give you a sign. if something bad happens, get yourselves out."

however after he finished his sentence, they all frowned. harry asking "does it seem a bit quiet to you?"

"the harp!" hermione said "it stopped playing"

just as hermione finished her conclusion, ron got drool seeping on to his shoulder. his face screwed up in disgust "eugh! yuck!"

the others also grimaced at it before all looking up, roslyn frowning but in fear "oh god."

then, the three headed dog let out a harsh threatening growl, causing harry to scream "JUMP!"

the four all jump through, ron being the last to fall and screaming. they landed on what seemed to be a whole room of plants. vines, thick ones and thins ones convering the whole room.

"woah, lucky this plant things here, really" ron said as the four gazed around the whole room that really didn't have anything beside the plant.

just then, the plants started moving. which then turned into the plants wrapping themselves around the group, gripping them tightly. they wrapped themselves around the whole of the kids bodies, covering them and pulling them down.

the kids struggled against the vines, except hermione and roslyn, hermione speaking "stop moving, the both of you. this is devils snare. you have to relax!"

"yeah, if you don't it'll just kill you faster" roslyn added on, hermione glaring at her because of the fear she created.

"kill us faster? oh now I can relax!" ron exclaimed sarcastically. hermione flashed a sarcastic little smile before disappearing down into the vines.

"HERMIONE!" the two boys exclaimed. roslyn gave the two boys a humorous smile before also disappearing into the vines, falling down to the other side.

roslyn smiled at hermione "hi!"

"ROSLYN!" the two girls heard the boys shout, ron speaking after "now what are we gonna do?!"

hermione shook her head, looking up. the boys still struggling against the vines. hermione shouted "JUST RELAX!"

"IT'LL HELP YOU!" roslyn shouted after, confirming that she was also safe.

"HERMIONE! ROSLYN! WHERE ARE YOU?" harry shouted back. hermione and roslyn shook their heads at each other before responding "DO WHAT HERMIONE SAYS!"

"TRUST ME!" hermione added on.

harry seemed to follow seeing as he fell through the plants and into the room below just moments after.

"are you alright?" roslyn said, helping the boy up. he nodded "yeah, yeah I'm fine"

hermione was looking up "he's not relaxing, is he?"

"apparently not" harry shook is head. roslyn shrugged, frowning "are you sure we can't just leave him?"

both hermione and harry glared at her. she rolled her eyes and sighed "do any of you know about herbology? specifically how to stop devil snare?"

harry shook his head, both of them looked at hermione "I remember reading something. uh, devil snare, devil snare. it's deadly fun, but will sulk in the sun!"

"that's it!" roslyn cheered at hermione, hermione adding on after "devil snare hates sunlight!"

hermione then pulled out her wand, pointing it up at where ron was being restricted "lumus solem!"

an outburst of sunlight radiated through the devil snare that was killing ron, breaking it and forcing ron to fall through while screaming.

he fell to the floor, harry and hermione crouching down to make sure he's alright "ron, are you okay?"

"yeah, I'm okay" he replied, the three of them standing up. ron looked up and around, a relief gasp leaving his mouth "phew, lucky we didn't panic"

the three of him glare at him, roslyn frowning "ron, be for real"

"lucky hermione pays attention in herbology" harry added on, roslyn pointing at him with a snap of her fingers "and that"

the four heard what seemed to be the sound of wings fluttering quickly, almost like fairy wings but louder.

"what is that?" hermione asked, roslyn shrugged as harry walked closer to the door "I don't know, sounds like wings"