008. slytherins

third person pov

third person pov

if roslyn was being completely honest, she hated her dorm

if roslyn was being completely honest, she hated her dorm. she hated the people she shared it with and she didn't exactly fit it.

she wasn't saying it thinking that to act different or mysterious, she just genuinely did not fit in. her dorm mates were pansy parkinson, millicent bulstrode, daphne greengrass and tracy davis.

what was annoying is that within the first term of school, pansy was already like a leader towards them. the other girls followed her like a dog on a leash. not to mention pansys almost obsessed with draco.

roslyn tried to stay out of the dorm for as long as she could. she left as quickly as she could for breakfast and came back as late as she could after dinner.

roslyn wasn't necessarily liked in her dorm either. they all thought of her as some weak slytherin because of her friendship with the gryffindors, and thought she was a disappointment to being snapes daughter. of course it didn't bother her, because of this they didn't exactly make conversation with her a lot which she was happy with.

but, that didn't stop this snarky comments and insults. of course roslyn always defended herself, she was always one to test the leadership of pansy. that only caused more tension and created more hated towards her.

"surprised to see you in the dorm" pansy walked in, the rest of their dorm mates following.

roslyn found her dorm was empty so she stayed there. everyone had just come back from christmas the other day, and today was one of the last free days before lessons start again.

roslyn looked up at her, raising her eyebrows "well become unsurprised because I'll be taking my leave now"

"already?" one of her dorm mates answered, snarkily of course. nothing was ever genuine towards her here.

pansy scoffed "going to hang out with your little gryffindor friends?"

roslyn shook her head, getting off her bed "what's your problem parkinson?"

"my problem is you're hanging out with people you shouldn't be. you're a slytherin girl, daughter of professor snape might I add. you're quite disappointing to the titles" pansy stepped in front of the door, roslyn frowning "good to know, can I leave?"

"so you can hang out with people like that? no way. you should be spending time with us, superior people, you'd be superior too if you stop hanging around with them" pansy folded her arms.

"parkinson, I'll never be superior" roslyn gave a sarcastic smile "I'm only a half blood, remember?"

pansy narrows her eyes at roslyn. roslyn just smiles "can I get past?"

pansy didn't move, just continued to frown at the snape girl. roslyn rolled her eyes and pushed pansy out the way and left.

──

filch yet again told roslyn to pay her dad a visit in his office. if she's being honest, she hadn't spoke to him much. she always tried to avoid speaking to him because of his arrogance and recent events, but she was practically escorted there by filch.

"hi dad" she said as she entered. he didn't look up from whatever he was doing at his desk.

"dad?" she said, walking to his desk, leaning over to see what he was doing. turns out he was just marking some work.

he finally looked up at his daughter "you're friendship with mr. potter?"

she scoffed "thought I told you I can be friends with whoever I want"

"it's impractical" he said slowly, standing up from his chair. she inhaled in annoyance "why? because I'm a slytherin? because I'm supposed to be a stuck up miserable snob?"

"that is not what I am saying roslyn" he responded, looking down at the girl who just frowned. he sighed "I'm saying that mr. potter will get you in a great deal of trouble"

"I think it's other people get him in trouble" she argued back "you saw someone curse his broom at quidditch. people want him in trouble, not him. he's innocent."

"you defend the boy like you've known him for years roslyn." snape said slowly "it's been four months"

"so what? I defend people who I think are worth defending" roslyn shrugged, crossing her arms "harrys worth defending"

"is he now?" snape lifted an eyebrow. she swallowed but kept her argument strong, narrowing her eyes "definitely."

he stared for a moment "you can show yourself out"

"seriously?" roslyn shook her head.

"roslyn." he warned, speaking slowly "get out."

roslyn scoffed in annoyance, uncrossing her arms and leaving without another word.

jay speaks ༄just did this chapter to kinda just see where roslyns at and stuff

jay speaks
just did this chapter to kinda just see where roslyns at and stuff