Prologue: What Awaited After

Author's Note: Hello everyone! SnivyLord here with another kdrama FanFiction and it's from one of my unexpected personal favorites, All of Us Are Dead! I always wanted to do a FanFiction about these two beautiful boys, Cheong San and Suhyeok, aka the hero/protagonist stereotype and his right hand man stereotype in any zombie apocalypse group. But I love them nonetheless. I was actually incredibly inspired by another writer for this FanFiction and I wanted to take my own spin on this kind of plot (for anyone who knows what I'm talking about, it's the writer who wrote Breathe I believe their name was tsuhiro). This is a first for me writing about two obviously bisexual kings (Y'all can't convince me otherwise), so bear with me. I'll try my best to keep them within character for the most part, and updates for this fanfic will pick up after I am done with A Snowdrop Blooms Twice. It will most likely be slow for the time being. Anyway enjoy!

Cheong San watched in horror as the entire building being set ablaze by the booming flash of the bomb that was dropped into the Hyosan area. He had lied before, only one person's going to die here today and it's going to be just him. Cheong San had faith that Suhyeok, Onjo, and Namra would be able to lead everyone to safety. Cheong San was afraid of the time that he had left and he only had time to say a goodbye to Onjo, which in his heart he thought was the only thing he needed. However, if he was being honest, Cheong San wished he got to say goodbye to Suhyeok. When they had looked at each other before Cheong San left to meet his fate, the taller boy looked like he had wanted to say something to the shorter, but they never got the chance to say what they needed to say. Despite not having any adult help, their group had managed to make it all the way here and Cheong San was proud of that. The only thing he could do now is make sure the pain in the ass by the name of Yoon Gwi-Nam goes down with him.

Cheong San grunted and leapt to his feet and grabbed Gwi-Nam by the torso, dragging him back into the elevator shaft. He didn't know how he could hear Gwi-nam's curses and screams through the crackling of the flames, but he did and Cheong San could only open his mouth in a broken scream as the inferno engulfed them both.

Then there was flash of white. And then nothing. Nothing at all...

Suddenly it felt like multiple parts of his body was spasming at once and Cheong San felt like his consciousness was being stuffed into somewhere like how one would try to stuff their clothes into an already overweight suitcase. His body felt like each individual fiber of muscle was relearning how to operate and it felt like an excruciatingly painful electrical bolt was ripping through his body. It was just for a moment, but it felt like Cheong San had suffered eons of suffering in an instant. His lungs suddenly knew how to breathe again after being held in for so long and Cheong San gasped and quickly sat up from whatever position he was in. Was this how it felt to be manhandled by the universe? This wasn't how he imagined going to the afterlife would be.

It had taken a few moments to adjust to wherever he was sitting up from and it hit Cheong San that he was sitting on somewhere soft.

A bed?

Cheong San tried to will his brain to move what was hopefully his eyes open and closed, blinking several times before the sight before him suddenly came into view. Cheong San was in an infirmary, the school's infirmary nonetheless and sitting at his side was two people he was extremely relieved to see: Onjo and Gyeong Su. They had looked like they had flinched just moments ago, probably from Cheong San sitting up so suddenly, and it only took a moment for them to have such relieved smiles on their faces.

"Cheong San-ah! Thank God! You fucking scared me man!" Gyeong Su doubled over in relief before lunging forward to hug Cheong San. It took Cheong San a good moment to realize that his best friend was hugging him. He could feel his best friend's warmth and Cheong San had almost forgotten what Gyeong Su had even sounded like.