Chapter 27: Reset.

Author's Note: Hello everyone! SnivyLord here and welcome to the post zombie apocalypse/time loop conspiracy from another universe and I just wanted to tell you all that the ending chapters are winding down to be a fluffy, angsty, slice of life ride as Suhyeok starts all over from the beginning. He's going to show you all that love is a very powerful force indeed, capable of starting a chain of events that leads him back to the person he cherishes the most: Cheong San. I hope you enjoy their "soft reset" and Suhyeok's journey to re-completing himself once again that won't take 26 chapters of pain.

Several things happened as a result of a reset that nobody in this story can no longer recall but all of you.

Every person who was projected to the timeline that once was: Byeong Chan, Seon Mu, Seo Hae, one unnamed man, Cheong San, and Gwi-Nam. All of them were promptly erased from the timeline, the means that can no longer be named now eradicated from existence. With the means erased from existence, the timeline found itself in shambles, the metaphorical links in the chain becoming lost in the infinity of the universe. And so it ends... the suffering Cheong San met at Byeong Chan's hands after lifetimes of struggle. With the help of one unnamed hero and Seo Hae from another universe, Cheong San was able to end the virus that infected his universe before it got any worse. 

However, when you really think about it... Byeong Chan still won.

All of the encounters, memories, and feelings associated with the fabricated timeline have been deleted. As if it never happened. To force Cheong San and Suhyeok to part once again, no matter how it has to happen, Byeong Chan accomplished exactly that. Cheong San was condemned to his original fate, dying alongside his nemesis Gwi-Nam in the Hyosan Bombing. Suhyeok, along with everyone else who witnessed the tragedy, were forced to forget that Cheong San had sacrificed his life once again for them. That in itself, is its own form of torture. 

That unnamed man became lost to antiquity, his life reborn anew. The ghosts that once haunted Cheong San's entire present, present, and future were also ripped apart yet again, retaining a permanence that will never fade. Cheong San's spirit has been freed from the shackles of regret and now he stands at the crossroads of yet another choice brought forth by the most powerful force in the universe: 

Love

Suhyeok didn't mean to be cheesy, but he was one of those people who believed love defied natural laws in every sense of the word. This was his story in bringing that choice back to the person who completed him.

Groggily opening his eyes, Suhyeok woke up to the calm silence of his room, the dark pastel blue ceiling gracing his vision, and the fan that hung overhead. Suhyeok glanced to the window to see the sun slowly starting to creep into the world and he figured it must be time to get ready for school. Bracing himself up on his bed, Suhyeok gazed sleepily over his room, the same room that it's always been. Nothing has changed. With another sigh, Suhyeok heaved himself out of bed and headed to the bathroom to get ready for school. Suhyeok ran a hand through his hair as he looked at himself in the mirror. For some reason, the sight of himself in the mirror intrigued him, as if he wasn't expecting to see himself in it. It was weird, because Suhyeok expected to be... something else? In another state? He looked well rested and his skin was glowing after having washed it. Suhyeok took another slow gaze at himself in the mirror before spitting out the toothpaste and continuing to get ready.

20 minutes later, Suhyeok put his blazer on and trekked out into the main living room to see his mom sitting tiredly at the kitchen, her expression exhausted but glad to see him, "Eomma, have you been up long?"

Suhyeok's mom slowly raised her head to greet him with a tired and nearly lifeless smile, "I've been up since dawn... don't worry, your father's already left..." His mom could only say and Suhyeok looked to the living room to find the whole place trashed, the table was flipped over, all of the flower pots and appliances were laying on the floor and Suhyeok mutely looked at the whole mess before sighing.