Chapter 11: The Two Faces Of The Sun

Author's Note: All I have to say is this chapter is just me projecting my intense feelings of hatred towards Nayeon through Cheong San. I did say that Cheong San is one savage time traveling hero. I think here though, it does make sense for Cheong San's character to be this mad and bitter even though he doesn't want anyone to die. Cheong San is extremely unforgiving, cruel, and almost straight up cynical, which is kind of the point of this chapter since it's the other face of the sun. This kind of goes without saying but Nayeon gets worse... a lot worse... Also! For every chapter right up until the climax, there's going to be a Cheong San and Suhyeok fluff memory associated with every place that they go to as the group progresses through the apocalypse.

Cheong San tapped the table with his fingers as he read the script on the table for the morning announcements, studying the information on it and he felt a presence fill in next to him.

Suhyeok slid his chair closer to him, brandishing his copy of the script, his back perpendicular to Cheong San's shoulder and he looked over at the boy, "You do realize we just have to read the script right? Why are you trying to memorize it?"

Cheong San blinked several times, briefly questioning his choice to study the morning announcements so avidly, and he sighed, "I don't know, I'm afraid I'm gonna mess it up? Should I act like an announcer and be like," Cheong San pressed two fingers fingers to his ear and held his hand up like he was holding a microphone and mimicked what an announcer would sound like, "Hello Hyosan High School, this is Lee Cheong San and Lee Suhyeok with your morning announcements, today we have an exciting line up of news for you all today-" Cheong San deliberately dropped his pitch lower and attempted to talk like an announcer and Suhyeok couldn't help but snort at him.

"Sannie... this is morning announcements, this isn't a soccer game, as awesome as that would be," Suhyeok shook his head sadly and Cheong San dropped the act and looked pleadingly to him for help.

"I don't remember the last time we've been chosen for morning announcements, I'm so nervous," Cheong San groaned and leaned his head back against the chair, swiveling his chair around and Suhyeok smiled at the cute way that Cheong San was expressing his doubt and he stuck his leg out to stop Cheong San from swiveling the chair back and forth.

"Hey, where's confident sunshine Sannie today? You seemed off the moment we entered the room," Suhyeok wondered, noticing the boy's immediate reaction to his observation, Cheong San's head turning to look at him and the boy's lips pursed for a moment before he sat back up again.

"I... just don't happen to have good memories of this room," Cheong San shook his head, looking around the booth in the broadcasting room and Suhyeok noticed that he seemed to think for a moment, trying to decide his response before giving up and responding to him. This was the truth, Cheong San didn't have good memories of this room. Cheong San must have noticed that Suhyeok was observing him and he added on top of that slightly concerning statement, "mostly because I'm usually never here or I get called to the principal's office because of this room."

"I still can't believe you got in trouble with the principal for beating up Gwi-Nam and his cronies. I know you went looking for them first, but you were trying to stop them from hurting Jinsu and the others," Suhyeok complained, slamming his hand that still had the script onto the table and he failed to notice that he also turned on his mic for the whole school. Unfortunately, Cheong San didn't notice either as he nodded in understanding and kept the conversation going.

"I mean, to be fair, Gwi-Nam and the others also got in trouble, and it's not like our principal cares about the context of the violence, he just cares about who started it to make it easier for him," Cheong San sighed, trying to rationalize Suhyeok's concerns, but to be honest, he really didn't like the way their principal was handling things either, "and it doesn't help that Jinsu and the others are too afraid to come forward..."