Chapter 5: In Complete Silence

Author's Note: Hello everyone! SnivyLord here! I'm back with a super long extra chapter just for you guys as things are starting to get intense. I'm really proud of this chapter and I hope you guys enjoy. Silence is a big theme in this chapter and the next chapter won't be as long as this one since this one is like almost 16,000 words. However, I would like to apologize in advance since uhh... Cheong San is going to go through it from this chapter onward and I'll tell y'all once we get back to the fluff, angst, and emotional comfort. So the summary for this chapter is essentially Jae Ik and Cheong San make their plans to break in, Cheong San questions a lot of things, and Cheong San spoke too soon about something very crucial. Anyway, the next chapter will probably be out by next week hopefully and the only hint I will give you about the next chapter is that the name is: Where You Have To Die To Get Out. Also this wasn't beta read so please forgive me lol so uhh that's your April Fool's Day joke and present!

It really did surprise Cheong San that Jae Ik even agreed to the insane plan that he proposed, but Cheong San was confident in the fact that the man knew he was serious. There was something Cheong San had to seriously accomplish, otherwise, he would practically blow his one chance at finding out what Byeong Chan was planning on doing. There were several things that Cheong San had to prepare for since this mission involved him breaking into his own school. First, he had to figure out a way in. Cheong San couldn't just settle for using the front door because he knew there was night security. Luckily, he knew the place like the back of his hand and Cheong San could just pick a place to enter the school. Cheong San wrote in his journal that he planned to enter through one of the windows on the first floor. One of the window clasps had to be unlocked, which was easy enough. Secondly, what Cheong San hoped to find from breaking in. Cheong San made a list of the things he wanted to obtain or accomplish from breaking into the school. He needed to get Jinsu and Hyeon Ju's schedules because their deaths were approaching soon. Cheong San needed Hyeon Ju's schedule specifically rather than Jinsu's because her zombification happened at school. He figured that rather than borderline acting like a stalker and making an effort to know her schedule through friendly means, which is easier said than done since the girl was also a bully, Cheong San would just steal her school record file instead. Which in hindsight was also just as stalkerish. For Jinsu's schedule, Cheong San thought it would be nice to know his just in case any emergency arises. Third, Cheong San remembered that he was still in the past and he might very well get arrested for breaking into a school, so he had to be extra careful. However, Jae Ik would be with him so it's fine right? The fourth thing, and probably the hardest thing, is that Cheong San figured that Byeong Chan would have a school administered password for his computer and since the man was always prudent and on top of things, getting into that thing would be harder than he thought. That's why Cheong San planned to have Jae Ik and Joon Yeong help him for that specific part of the plan.

Cheong San met Detective Jae Ik after school after he gave an excuse to Onjo that he had a previous engagement, which the girl did not buy at all. However, she didn't press him on it and Cheong San made his way to the cafe and he read the name of the cafe, realizing that he's never been here before. Well, Jae Ik gave him the address for their meeting, so he wasn't going to question it.

"A Twosome Place..." Cheong San murmured, looking at the sleek black letters of the name and the crisp white lighting that was lining the landscape windows that revealed the cafe inside. Cheong San made his way inside, taking in the cool, sweet smell of the sweets and drinks. The cafe was very sleek yet rustic with rich brown panels of wood lining the floors. There was a big wall that acted like a chalkboard that had the name of the place as well as various designs and drawings accompanying it. Cheong San looked around the place and he saw Jae Ik sitting at one of the tables. The man noticed him come in and waved him over with a cordial smile.