Chapter 4: Introspection

Author's Note: Introspection- The examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes.
Take that as you will in this chapter. Alright see you all in the next chapter that will come relatively soon!

You know what's worse than seeing someone dear to you get hurt? Hearing the fact that he got hurt from somebody else when you already had a bad feeling and you weren't there to stop it when you were perfectly capable of doing so. It feels worse when you've proven right. Suhyeok was eating with the other guys with a very noticeable absence that was usually right by his side. Suhyeok really couldn't understand how the rumor mill got so far and so quickly that a student had to come up to their table and relay to them that Cheong San had gotten himself into a skirmish with four bullies and somehow got out of it alive. What was even worse was that another student came up and presented them with a video of Cheong San wiping the floor with the four bullies. The fact that they recorded the fight instead of helping the guy was what sent Suhyeok over the edge. Without another word, Suhyeok abruptly stood up from the table and stormed out of the cafeteria with an equally mad Gyeong Su and Onjo following.

Cheong San glared at Gwi-Nam, their equally hateful gazes matching each other as they squared up again for round two. However before either of them could do a thing, the boys heard a solemn yet commanding voice sound out behind them. Cheong San turned around to see Byeong Chan and Jinsu coming around the incline and they stopped short of him. Cheong San felt himself freeze at the sight of the man, but the adrenaline that was coursing through his veins was lessening that sensation.

"That will be enough boys!" Byeong Chan spoke strict and clear and the man looked past Cheong San to eye the bullies, "Mr. Lee Jinsu has already told me everything and you will all be punished accordingly!"

Gwi-Nam scoffed at the man and haughtily challenged the teacher, "Can you believe this guy? What kind of threat is that? If the school administration can't even stop me, what makes you think you can?"

Cheong San who was paying acute attention to the presence of the teacher behind him, snapped his gaze towards Gwi-Nam and he bit his lip.

Wrong choice of words idiot.

"Do you want to find out Mr. Yoon?" Byeong Chan answered back solemnly but Cheong San and practically everyone within the vicinity could feel the chill it sent down everyone's backs.

Gwi-Nam shot back a snarky remark, but Cheong San noticed he wasn't as gung-ho about defying the biology teacher like before, "Are you threatening me Mr. Lee? If you are, I have some words for you..." Gwi-Nam borderline snarled and Cheong San thought for a second that this guy was already zombified.

"Take it however you like, but it doesn't change the fact that you and your friends are going to be punished. Take yourselves to the infirmary first, and Lee Cheong San, you can go too after I borrow you for moment," Byeong Chan replied and Cheong San still couldn't find it in him to actually turn around. Borrow him for a moment? Cheong San supposed it was a given that he would end up being punished, but this didn't feel like that. The bullies backed away from the teacher and took off, clutching their injuries and Cheong San was left alone, "I must say Mr. Lee, you're very impressive..."

Cheong San finally turned around to come face to face with the teacher and the pain from the punches to his face was finally starting to come to the surface since the adrenaline was wearing off. However, something told him that he couldn't afford to show weakness in the face of Lee Byeong Chan.

"I must thank you for saving my son, I honestly don't know what could have happened if that bullying was allowed to continue. Not many people in this school are fearless like you," Byeong Chan looked to Jinsu, who bowed slightly to Cheong San in appreciation and the latter chuckled nervously.