Chapter 1: Brave of You To Assume I Have A Plan

Author's Note: Hello everyone! SnivyLord here with another update for my new work. I'm going to be working on this fanfic and A Snowdrop Blooms Twice at the same time since new chapters are currently in the works for both of these. I will most likely update A Snowdrop Blooms Twice on either Tuesday or Wednesday depending and Chapter 2 for this one will probably be up by next weekend after all of my finals are over. This chapter is going to include Suhyeok's POV as well as Cheong San's in the third person, and Cheong San puts the beginnings of his plan into action. Also by the way, there's going to be a certain item that's going to become very important as the fanfic goes on, it's pretty obvious but I hope you guys enjoy!

To be frank, Suhyeok didn't know why Cheong San was so eager to be his friend. He didn't know why he felt his heart glow immensely when Cheong San had said those nicknames so endearingly as if they had been friends forever.  All Suhyeok knew was that there was something about those earnest caramel eyes that just made him give in instantly. Cheong San truly wanted to be his friend, and that was an idea that never exactly crossed Suhyeok's brain when he saw Cheong San hold out his hand as if it was the easiest thing to do in the world. No one at the school exactly approached Suhyeok and the other bullies. Suhyeok wasn't sure to even consider those guys friends when all he does is just passively act as a bystander to all their antics. This.... this felt real, genuine, and honest to God, all Suhyeok wanted was to see more of Cheong San's smile that bordered on a smirk. So yeah, that's how Suhyeok found himself in the cafeteria, lined up with Cheong San to get food, and this would end up being the first time Suhyeok would end up ignoring Myeong Hwan, Gwi-Nam, and the others.

Earlier, when Cheong San had been cleared to go back to class, there were a lot of thoughts that were swirling in his mind as he walked with Onjo, Suhyeok, and Gyeong Su. Why did the universe give him this much time to prepare? Was the zombie apocalypse going to happen in this timeline? How was he going to prevent it? If it does happen, how was he going to keep everyone alive this time? Suhyeok noticed Cheong San's furrowed face, deep in thought and he bumped shoulders with the guy, knocking him out of his thoughts.

"Yah, whatcha thinking about? You've been silent the entire way back from the infirmary," Suhyeok whispered and Cheong San spared him a quick smile before shaking his head.

"Yeah I'm good, it's just... whatever happened to me earlier kinda just me for a loop, I don't know what came over me. We literally only became friends 10 minutes ago," Cheong San laughed weakly knowing that most of he just said was technically a lie. They've been friends a lot longer than that, but the universe somehow saw it fit to bring them right back to the beginning. What came over him was the disbelief that one of his best friends was no longer his friend and they've been friends for over a year. Cheong San really couldn't wrap his mind around that, but he felt something giddy in his chest like he was excited to become friends with Suhyeok all over again. Not that he would ever say that to Suhyeok.

"Nah, it's alright, I get it... kinda? You already had nicknames prepared for me! I find that kind of endearing in a not creepy kind of way," Suhyeok waggled his eyebrows at Cheong San, who clenched his jaw in slight annoyance and scoffed.

Cheong San looked away from Suhyeok and playfully shoved Suhyeok away from him, a redness reaching up to his ears, "It's not like that you idiot,  ahhhh, why do I even bother?" Cheong San grumbled the last part and turned the corner, walking ahead of the group. Suhyeok heard him and caught a small smile on Cheong San's lips before he disappeared from view and Suhyeok couldn't help but chuckle.

Gyeong Su walked up beside Suhyeok and looked around the corner at his best friend, Onjo joining him, "What's up with him?"

Suhyeok shook his head and shrugged, "I think he's regretting becoming friends with me right about now," Suhyeok felt himself laugh slightly as he said that and Gyeong Su let out a guffaw before slapping his hand on Suhyeok's shoulder like they were already comfortable friends.