Chapter 3: Life and Volition

Author's Note: Hello everyone! SnivyLord here! So this chapter ended up being a lot longer than I thought and it kinda took me a while to get this out because of finals, and I will try to cut back on it a bit in order to keep the updates a little more consistent since I am finally on break! This chapter essentially serves as looks inside Cheong San's life at different times and how his introspection changes with what he decides to do and how he decides to go about saving the future. I will work on the next chapter for A Snowdrop Blooms Twice and that will go up next and I will alternate between the two! This also includes thoughts of the others to Cheong San and how he's changed. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy and see you all later!

Cheong San and Suhyeok's relationship developed through the months the way Cheong San remembered. They were naturally close and they sat next to each other at lunch every day. Gyeong Su would often make jokes about how the two were practically glued at the hip, which neither boy minded because Suhyeok grew to understand that he was completely whipped for Cheong San as time went on. On the other hand, Cheong San considered Suhyeok to be a very strong and comforting presence to soothe his stormy mental state, and he appreciated it greatly. Suhyeok worked on making amends to the previous victims he had hurt and Cheong San was there every step of the way making sure that he caught up in school. Suhyeok's reputation kind of exploded from there and Cheong San completely expected Suhyeok to become one of the most likable and sought after guys in their grade. Cheong San had remembered how proud he was of Suhyeok becoming a new person, however this time, he couldn't feel as proud since he was dealing with his own mental struggles. Cheong San thought he was being rather discreet with how his trauma had been affecting him since Cheong San gets a panic attack every time he even sees Lee Byeong Chan. It was very clear that Cheong San couldn't keep himself together since the first time the two had locked eyes. However, Suhyeok had gotten to know Cheong San very well over the last couple of months since they became friends and he can tell the difference between his normal and slightly traumatized behaviors. Onjo had actually noticed her childhood best friend being somewhat different ever since he had collapsed all those months ago. His positivity and overflowing vigor were still there, but Onjo had noticed that those qualities that made up Cheong San had become laced with anxiety, disconnectedness, and secrecy. There were slight moments where Cheong San would almost act like Namra and that scared both of them since Cheong San had never been a despondent and disconnected person. Things for Cheong San were getting progressively worse throughout the months and he was getting worse at hiding it from his friends. Let's start from just two months after Cheong San found himself back in the past.

Cheong San walked into an arts and crafts store because he had needed a big board and a stand to create a vision board of everything that was going to happen in the zombie apocalypse because he figured that's how investigations like this start right? Cheong San heard the jingle of the bell as he walked in and he was met with multiple aisles of multicolored crafty items. This included paints, glitter, flowers, glue, premium art tools, and many more. Cheong San stepped inside and he figured that the boards and frames were at the back. Making his way toward the back, Cheong San couldn't shake off the feeling that he was being watched. Maybe he was just that paranoid now and Cheong San couldn't help but look over his shoulder and check. The aisle was empty, and with that, Cheong San sighed and continued on his way. Cheong San didn't think he would end up having a very fateful encounter today.

Song Jae Ik was picking up some arts and crafts items for his daughter who had a project and he was wandering through the aisles trying to see if he could find the things on his list. Jae Ik decided to head to the back of the store to see if there was anything there for him. Jae Ik came to the back and looked to the right to see a teenage boy looking around the canvasses, frames, and boards that were pinned on the back wall. Jae Ik noticed the boy's emerald uniform and surmised that the boy was from the high school near here: Hyosan Highschool. Jae Ik merely smiled at him before continuing about his business.