Chapter 0 - Soulmate's Apprehension

I was Reincarnated as an ANT!, Vol. 2

Chapter 0: Soulmate's Apprehension

So, how long does it take him to leave and return back home? Well, its something I've started to get used to...i don't like it. His grown into a young man who's no longer someone who pets me. 'Okay! Okay. I've changed too. For one...I think like a Pet!!!' Me! Of all people, gosh how low can I drop. I can't believe myself, I've snooped to a level I never thought I would be.'

While I wrestled with myself internally, I would remember a couple months ago when he got fed up with me refusing to bend the knee to his [Tame] attempts and anyone who dared. He had decided to bring me outside the walls to free me but i refused to leave the cage that he looked baffled and bewildered by me.

I would be too. I mean, if I wanted to be free, that's exactly what i would've done. But, you see. I. AM. MISSING. MY. THREE. LEGS! Stupid, i tell you, completely stupid. Healing me seemed too expensive, thus he decided to live me at home as a house pet. Which I pretty much did, or became to be.

Hearing the foot-steps i had gotten to recognize, it was him with a couple of people. He had grown quite a lot, when I tell you this, i mean ALOT. He was working hard as something I didn't know, maybe as a guard. Because whenever he would come home. I would help by healing him the best I could. My skills were kinda stuck, but a few improved with time and use.

I was able to understand him a bit better, but he didn't in-turn. It was impossible to communicate to him what I wanted without words. I didn't have a voice, and he had a short fuse to patience. He was always in a rush, Jan my caretaker was no longer a kid. No he was a teenager, I was wrong to think he was a 11 year old or young, his height sprout quickly changed that. While I was getting weaker...by that I mean, I felt...old. For some reason, I ached whenever I moved. My skill points didn't grow as much and i was sure something was wrong.

At some days after long trips or long disappearance, someone else would come by at the room and feed me, (sigh) they too would attempt to tame me but the result was always the same, now that he had other people. Who I had never seen, only heard of, they'd talk and giggle in the other room. Leaving me alone and lonely, which was hard at first but with time. I grew to accept it, I was a beast.

Now as the door opens, i know its feeding time, but then Jan appeared, which jolted me to be happy. Why? I don't know!  

I was a fool. I guess, but then three others walked in with him, putting me on defense. They would talk shyly, "So this is it?" (Feline-woman)

She was a light blonde golden haired woman who had two colored eyes and appeared to be a Priest of sorts or a cleric? I was now afraid, [Holy Magic] didn't do anything to me as Jan once gave me water looking suspiciously which of course I drunk after [Appraising] it. I wanted to also know if I was evil, but nothing occurred to me which calmed the boy too.

Quite a funny event if I do say myself. He was eager to see the reaction only to be disappointed and laugh at himself for it. Now looking at the gang coming in, the other man was...low-born for sure. He was older but appeared to have a massive shield on his back. He was someone I felt like he belonged in a hospital, but you can't judge a book by its cover. Unlike the woman who wore clear signs of a holy-maiden aura, he was very much a tank. I could simply see it, with his large sword and mighty physique, he was strong. His smile towards me was a bit off-putting like he was gauging me. I could [Appraise] him, but that always resulted in a negative light. Humans hated it, it seemed to feel like an attack, to me i never understood that. How? Whatever.

Now the third person...HE IS GONE! I had caught a glimpse of him as he walked in with the gang but now he was gone. He was barely visible being short and all, but he was wearing all back with two snakes! One of the snakes were black and the other white, now-