Chapter 03 - Fated Twice, but not Twins.

Lately, meetings have been a normalcy here. The government seems quite strict on information and has branches of control governed alongside the regime of the holy church. I am somewhat concerned as they're always apprising me, many times I have heard of "Demonlord" demands this and that. I did question about it as it's quite odd to have a "DemonLord" working or rather demanding things out of the church. They shouldn't be getting along, but the more I ask the more I understand that, "demonlord" is rather what I think of evil due to my experience as an otherworldly.

The notion was rather vague, as "Demonlord" is a title bestowed upon a monster that had gained independence in thought and ability. Moreover, for none monsters, the title "King/Queen" was akin to that prestige level. Coupled with the race change to "Eternal" for humans. It all started to make a bit of sense, for "Demon" race was simply a monster that had evolved to become a "Demi" human race of that monster. The system viewed monsters as lesser creatures to that of humans, which is in-turn a reason for why conflict exists between the two. It was rightly noted as such.

It has been almost a year now since I last saw my buddy. The connection is there but, akin to a hair string, however it's a steel chain when it comes to unbinding me to him. Their attempts to try have also been denied by my efforts. Conclusion; I guess I...no. I don't want to think too much on that.

****(Few days later)***

Life is great, I ear the finest meals, even as tasteless. I knew how much worth each meal was. The steady stream of high value meals means no exp but, surely has the best potential for skill development.

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Mana Core LV1』 has became 『Mana Core LV2』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Mana Core LV2』 has became 『Mana Core LV3』》

See! This fine meal of Dragon flesh is astonishing! The only issue is...something or rather someone is really strong here. To support the kingdom and supply the region these amount of resources, and from the looks of things am eating scrap.

The two twins seemed nowhere to be seen, I was always with the knights of what have you. Training and testing my skills with them as well learning how to formulate strategies for combat with humans taught me a few good techniques that didn't give me any skills. Yet, their lessons on magic opened up a new perspective. Magic wasn't a rare feat, most people had it. However, a mana-beast had a different ratio to it. During these periods, I would learn how easily a monster like me would be dissected, if I ever challenged a [True Knight].

[Anti-Magic Barrier] + [Anti-Mana field] + [Magicule Stagnation] equaled a beast that wouldn't move. As a magical creature, these skills is stacked with many different abilities that were similar, meant the first steps to defeating most creatures. "The high evolutionary of monsters, most notably those monsters tend to have attained [True Core] and "Status Immunities" as skills too. The barriers become merely a blanket obstacle for them."

Hearing the knight say as I would nod to myself. I had to get these skills next. However it might had been something evidently given as a monster that evolved into a greater race. Interesting. They knew my skills, I had nothing to hide. I however, had the ability to find what I can get later once I got enough skill points.

Now, why I had zero skill points? Well. I was bored so I opted to search and find something related to skill points. So I attained, [Skill Pointer]. As stupid as I am, I say I am invariably smart. The mistake to waste all my last forty skill points to attain a skill that was basically a skill point "detector", could prove to possibly evolve into a skill point auto pilot! Who knows! Well I do. There's many! I had seen all vendors, so I'll be sure to gain more. The skill point lady had only "skill pointer" as cheap for exactly what I had. She was knew, oh well. She didn't like me snooping through her screen, had her prices scaled higher and higher.