Chapter 4.5.5: Divinity of the OverSighters

My status as a divine beast, savior of the kingdom of Frustshia, outshone Jan's heroic deeds, spreading wide as ripples of hidden cults and factions shifted narratives. The politics of nobility and religious faith besieged the capital estate, while other kingdoms heavily pursued the two princes, overlooking the dreaded promise of the Demonlord. Alas, I had begun to enter the world of management.

Understanding why Jan was constantly worn out, I found myself in a similar position of nobility, tasked with managing the domain sector. When I asked Nih about it, he was shocked to hear me considering handing it over to the OverSighers. In Nih's chambers, he explained, "Aed, you have to understand, you're the last divine beast. The Demonlord has been targeting them all to rule the global realm. Like a landlord, she can increase the mana infusion needed to sustain the land. We've been fortunate that the divine beast in our lands was still alive and didn't require sacrificial rituals to appease it."

"Exactly, if you want to give it to us, we'd be willing to take it. There are lots of benefits that come with it. So we can help you understand what you're giving up so you don't regret it," Yeshia said to me, as I observed two new faces - Dyaldic's kids, now teenagers, one a fine young noble lady and the other a warrior-like man.

They introduced themselves since their father wasn't present. "I'm Fimu, divine beast of Frustshia, of the family name Dyaldic. Pleased to be of service to our heroes."

"The namesake to whom I am known is Canidie, my first and last name Dyaldic," he said proudly, as stares glared behind him from the two. Nih and Yeshia seemingly didn't like him very much, but I, on the other hand, cared not. He had not been rude in my presence, as per my opinion.

"Yeah, I'm giving my Dominance Rulership to..." I said, as stares of anticipation awaited the answer, "...to Digher. He isn't allowed to be a king due to tradition, so I'm giving him something he'd feel comfortable at least holding on to."

Yeshia was pale, almost fainting. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked, as Nih appeared lost in deep thoughts. The other two shrugged as I awaited their answers. "Aed..., we should have given you a list. We had assumed Jan would attain the right, but to think you'd place that on the son, on top of that, the skill cannot be transferred until a decade passes. You attained it by defeating the old ruler, which means Digher is now a target. Until he passes it on, making him king would mean undoing the traditional way or simply the death of his brother," Nih explained as he stood to walk out, leaving Yeshia in silence. I had messed up big!

**

Strangely, after two months had passed since then, amidst the daily life of improving the kingdom, the Black Sea desert ants had become less aggressive, influenced by Digher's will, though they still didn't fully obey it. Furthermore, it was only a few months until his birthright birthday, and the political schemes continued to shape the destiny of the kingdom.

Digher wished for me to attend his big day, but I wasn't feeling up to it. Nih pushed the narrative forward, wanting me to mingle and reduce the pressure on Jan as well as themselves. The church didn't fully accept me, and Jan's status as a hero without the Holy Sword constantly tarnished his reputation.

Nih explained that my appearance as a divine beast would ease tensions. He argued that my humanoid form would dispel rumors of my malevolence and dispel notions of being the Demonlord's puppet due to my skills. However, my question still stood. He hinted that since none had ever seen such a form except for the OverSighters, my humanoid form would cast doubt on their political narrative, bringing uncertainty to their portrayal of me in the political realm.

As much as I loathed politics, they were an essential element in managing a kingdom, especially with other kingdoms shifting and still on the fence about our own. Adopting such a form would make me much more approachable and ease the religious push against Jan. Nih took on the responsibility to train me for the task, one I didn't want but had to undertake.