Chapter 4.2.2.1: Nih's Tale

****

"Aed, I set aside this tome I brought from the past for you," Nih spoke to me, his voice carrying the weight of ancient wisdom. "I share with you this ancient wisdom: Together, our hands wield the power to sculpt the annals of old time, and shape a new realm where fairness and equality reign supreme."

I listened attentively, the glimmer of hope reflecting in my eyes as Nih recounted the past adventures and successes of the OverSighters. However, his words served as a red flag, a warning against becoming too enamored with the past.

Nih didn't want me to be blinded by nostalgia. He understood the importance of learning from history, but he also knew that dwelling on past triumphs could hinder our ability to face the challenges of the present and future.

"Yet the steps we took were like brushstrokes on the canvas of our destiny, each one meticulously predetermined," Nih's words echoed in my mind, stirring a sense of foreboding within me. "A painting of a landscape where humanity thrives, banishing the shadows that haunt our land."

His words filled me with a sense of unease. What was Nih preparing me for? What was the next chapter of the story that he intended to unveil? As I recalled the faces of everyone alive and vibrant in the halls, a nagging sense of uncertainty gnawed at me.

Was the Demonlord orchestrating a treaty, a deceptive ploy veiled beneath the guise of peace? The weight of Nih's warning lingered heavily upon me, casting a shadow of doubt over the future that lay ahead. Anxiety gripped me as I braced myself for the unknown twists and turns that awaited us.

"The Demonlord strangely halted her aggressive approach when we had a chance of a country nobility commence, you awoke," Nih's words struck a chord within me, unraveling a tangled web of thoughts and suspicions. "I have a feeling she's terrified of your existence."

As Nih's revelation sank in, I couldn't shake the realization that there was a connection between the Demonlord and myself. Born from her dungeon, I had always sensed a peculiar bond, but now, it became clear – she was one of the soul links I had sensed.

A surge of apprehension coursed through me as I grappled with the implications of this revelation. What did it mean for our future, and how could I navigate the complexities of my intertwined destiny with the Demonlord? The answers remained elusive, shrouded in the shadows of uncertainty that enveloped our path forward.

"I haven't seen... the OverSighters. Everyone. Is that possible?" His eyes widened in shock and stunned expression. "What are you planning now?" he'd ask me, his voice tinged with concern and curiosity.

Nih always had a knack for foreseeing the potential consequences of my actions, as well as Jan's. I paused, contemplating how much to reveal. Finally, I decided to confide in him.

"I plan on giving the OverSighters their respective roles so that Jan's hero Skill can evolve," I began, choosing my words carefully. "But there's more. I have a big secret that I'm planning to share with everyone, something about our connection to the Demonlord."

As I spoke, a sense of determination settled over me. It was time to unveil the truth and confront the challenges that lay ahead, together as a team.

He knew that refusing me would only lead to complications later on. I was adamant about this meeting with Jan, and he could sense my unwavering resolve even from a distance, deep within the castle. By leaving the revelation in my hands and allowing my will to guide the course of action, he understood the significance of the matter at hand.

It was clear to me that this meeting was of utmost importance, and I was prepared to do whatever it took to ensure it happened. If they denied my request, the consequences would be dire. "Jan knows," I emphasized, driving home the importance of the matter. "So make it happen, or you might as well abandon your plans for me, because I'll go rogue. Jan understands that much. You can ask him how strongly I feel about this. I sense your subtle influence, Nih, but I won't make a mistake decision, I've heard the part of the story. I'll listen to it more later. Are we clear?"