Chapter 04 - The World of S-Class

Two months was all to took for the city to quickly recover from the storm of flooding awe for the Hero, who was Jan. I could finally explore the outside of the mansion grounds, tasting the open air was a bliss.

Jan was busy with outreaching tasks to get his old friends back, I wasn't of help as I explained to him that this was his responsibility alone. I was to await him to come about this, his immature behavior of his past.

The itch to evolve had ever existed after my revival, I had prevented it or rather stalled with my will not to fade away without knowing am safe. Like any magical beast, if they felt unsafe to evolve, they could either become the same race but stronger or simply hold out as long as possible. I was pushing it upon learning that truth from our buddy, Nih.

Dyaldic was the first to appear to me in the trees I had been exploring, that afternoon as he approached, I had the impression it was another being, but I knew him, he seemed rather grown. Apparently he had a child now, yet he still sought to be an adventurer. Watching him, as our talks were rather surprising informative. He was ever so friendly and courteous than I had known him before, so the more we bonded the more I made Jan uncomfortable.

"Aed, you quite fond of Dyaldic?" He walked towards me asking me, he was each day turning into a figure of heroic character, I didn't like it but not cared enough as Jan was still Jan to me. He was very much a little brother of mine, even if it was a one way experience, Jan felt very much akin to being my personal guardian. That was his feeling but mine was more familiar, he was now watching me as I ignored him. I'd planned to talk to him once the whole team was back again.

Nih, ever so often attempt to test my ability and how we could coordinate in the future, his father was more interested in documenting my ability and how I was able to summon my status unlike any other beast. I had yet to tell any of them of my human past life, which was possibly the biggest factor.

"I need your help. Yeshia wouldn't talk to me. She has her sisters who keeps saying she'll forcibly study her holy scriptures now than be an adventurer. Aed, help me. Nih and Dyaldic have also tried!" Jan begged me but he knew how I felt, he knew I understood but I was stubborn. His eyes as he begged I should change my mind was futile. I'd fly over to the nearest tree and continue my slow-easy lifestyle.

It had been six months now, I felt comfortable, which was bad! My hold on the will to not evolve had started to win. Each test period of sleep seemed longer and longer! I was losing the battle, I hoped to gain a skill for resisting the temptation but nothing came of it. I had not enough skill points too!

Nih one night would release his murderous aura as he dared me to awake, which happened as I reflexively bolted a few feet away from him. In complete combat mode, only to notice he was calm and nonchalance to me. Jan was not never me, our link was not broken but rather distant. I could still feel him, yet no way to let him know. His emotional wave through me made him panic elsewhere he was only to fade once he felt my own calm.

"Nih, what are you doing?" I'd say to him calmly as he always had to motive. "You're about to evoke an evolutionary process, right?"

How could he know that! Wait, did he have a skill that could? "Relax, my snakes here have the ability to sense soul intent, I've never told anyone so now you owe me a secret. Answer?"

That was too easy but, what secrets did I hide that was sufficient? I wanted to tell my biggest secret to Jan, so I had to choose one lesser secret. "I met an evil God, he was sealed and I had the ability to assist him to escape. I have a feeling, his pled to act like he wasn't happy about me blocking him was a ruse, if he could let me know such a means, then surely I can still be of assistance to him."