8 The Cold Heart of Hate

Sly Cooper (narrating): We were on our way to the Krakarov Volcano in Russia. While looking over what little information I had on the final member of the Fiendish Five, I began to notice something. In the four parts of the Thievius Raccoonus recovered so far, several of the pictures depict a shadowy owl-like figure, which looks very similar to the police images of the mysterious Clockwerk. Is this a strange coincidence or is there something I'm missing?

The Cooper Van finally arrived at the Krakarov Volcano. The vehicle had recently received an upgrade of an turret and a battering ram. The Cooper Gang begin storming into Clockwerk's fortress only to be blocked by his robo minions.

Bentley: Clockwerk's minions up ahead!

Sly operates the turret while Y/N readies his bow and arrows. The two look at each other before nodding. They open fire on the mechanical owls as they advance towards the fortress. A giant owl shaped machine in the far back charged up for shooting lasers from its eyes at a mountain in front of the van.

Bentley (binocucom): That's no tower, it's a giant death ray! Sly, take out those rocks, or we're in trouble.

Sly shoots the turret to destroy those rocks. The gang is closer to the fort. They reach inside until they reach a dead end.

Murray: Looks like this is as far as we can go, Sly.

Sly: Not to worry, Murray. We'll need to make a quick exit once Clockwerk is defeated.

Y/N: We'll see you on the other side, boys.

Sonar who is on Y/N's shoulder squeaks in worry about his master. Y/N turns to him.

Y/N: Sonar, you should probably stay with Bentley and Murray. I don't want you to get hurt.

Sonar runs his head on Y/N's for good luck before flying away.

Y/N and Sly make their way to the base of the fortress. A bunch of search lights and laser guarded the area.

Bentley (binocucom): Careful, Sly - those tiles are booby-trapped. You better get out of there.

Sly notice Carmelita inside a glass cage una chamber.

Sly Cooper: Hold on! That's Carmelita! She looks trapped.

Bentley (binocucom): Serves that cop right. She's been dogging us from the start.

Sly Cooper: It's just a misunderstanding. We've got to free her.

Bentley (binocucom): Are you crazy, Sly? Clockwerk probably stuck her there to trap you!

Sly Cooper: But if we don't do anything, Carmelita is doomed. Besides, stealing just won't be any fun without her.

Bentley (binocucom): Sly, your ridiculous raccoon logic sends shivers up my shell, but if you're determined to go through with this, that barrel will undoubtedly help - though I have no idea how you'll get up there.

Sly Cooper: Dude, a spire jump here, a rail slide there - I've done this a million times. (To Y/N) Wait here.

Sly makes his way towards the barrel while Y/N waits in position. Once Sly grabs the barrel he makes his way back and makes his way to the chamber. Y/N pulls out an EMP arrow and shoots at the searchlights, killing them before meeting up with Sly who got out of the barrel.

Carmelita Fox: Sly Cooper! I should have known you were behind this.

Sly Cooper: You got us all wrong, Ms. Fox. We're here to rescue you.

Just as Sly enters, a door seals him in, trapping him, leaving Y/N outside.

Y/N: Sly!

Then carbon monoxide is spray into the entire chamber. Sly tries to break out, but the poison overwhelms him and he is losing conciousness. Carmelita sees this in slight horror. Then monitors shows Clockwerk.