27 A Painful Recovery

It is finally done. The Klaww Gang have been defeated and the Clockwerk Parts lay scattered around. Yet, despite the explosion, they remained pristine. The gang had received injuries from the battle but they survived. Y/N has saved Neyla's life but he sustained terrible wounds.

Neyla uses her scarf to help out with Y/N's broken arm.

Neyla: You took a bad fall, love.

Y/N: It wasn't the first time I ended up in the hospital.

Then Carmelita arrives but she's a bit furious for not taking a few shots at Clock-Wolf.

Carmelita: I should have got here a bot soon.

Sly: You still have this to deal with.

Sly shows Carmelita the Hate Chip.

Y/N: Sly, let's end this.

Sly: Together, all of us.

Bentley: Together.

Murray: The Murray agrees.

Neyla: I am with you to end.

Carmelita: For justice.

Sonar lands on Y/N's shoulder chirping saying he agrees. So Sly, Y/N, Bentley, Murray, Carmelita, and Neyla grab the Hate Chip and together they rip it apart. With a piece in hand, they crush it into dust.

And just like that, it was over. Without that core piece, that essential center of Clockwerk, there was nothing left. The parts aged before their eyes, as if time had finally caught up with the ancient bird. The curse that have threatened the Cooper Family and the Robin Hood Clan has been lifted and Clockwerk's soul has been cast into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his Angels. The menace of Clockwerk would never again rise to threaten Sly, Y/N or their children.

Y/N: Mom, dad. You're finally free. (Sheds tears)

Neyla goes and embraces Y/N for comfort.

Carmelita: Sly, Y/N, it's over, but you're still going to jail.

Sly: Carmelita, take me. Let my friends go along with Neyla. They've stained so much in pain. Y/N, he can't be in prison. Not while injured. He needs medical treatment.

Carmelita looks at Sly's friends who are injured. Murray carries Bentley who is crippled why Y/N is helped by Neyla. She sees blood dripping from the human's head and arm.

Carmelita: Very well, Cooper.

(The Long Road)

Sly Cooper (narrating): Carmelita's old police unit soon arrived. With me in custody, her name was cleared, and she even got a well deserved promotion. It was the least I could do. The ride to HQ started with us sitting in silence, trying to read each other's thoughts. As the reality of my capture started to sink in, she began to relax, and we got to talking. We spoke freely about our previous adventures; comparing notes and even getting in a few laughs. Then we started talking about, well, everything; books, music, art. It was like we were on a first date. She even showed me the bottle she'd been saving for this special occasion of my arrest. My heart sank when she realized that our short flight across town had already taken two hours, a fact I'd kinda clued into after seeing the Eiffel Tower float by 17 times. She went forward to ask the pilot what was up, and it looked like my pals had left me a little going away present before taking off. Floating away on the night breeze, I could faintly make out Carmelita's voice.

Carmelita Fox: I'll find you, Cooper! I'll be seeing you soon, ringtail.

(Time skip showing an anime version of Sly Cooper and Y/N with Clockwerk in the background)

A few weeks later, Y/N and Bentley are recovering at the famous La Maison du Don hospital. Sly, Neyla, Sonar, had visited them to check on them. The doctors told them that Y/N shall be wearing a cast to recover his injuries

 The doctors told them that Y/N shall be wearing a cast to recover his injuries

He always shoot with his right arm, but with the injuries, he will be facing problems

He always shoot with his right arm, but with the injuries, he will be facing problems. Bentley on the other hand is told that his legs were badly injured so he has to be in a wheelchair.

Later on, the group return home only to make a surprising discovery. Murray is packing his belongings.

Y/N: Murray, what are you doing?

Murray: I'm sorry, Y/N, but I don't want to continue being the Muscle of your gang. I have failed.

Bentley: Murray, I don't blame you for all of this. You were brave to save me.

Neyla: Like me when I saved Y/N's life.

Y/N: Please, Murray. Don't do this.

Murray looks at the gang with guilt. He sighs before turn away.

Murray: I'm going on my own. It is something I wanted to do. I want to find my spiritual self. Farewell everyone...

With that, Murray leaves, never to return. The Cooper Gang has lost one of its greatest members, Murray, the greatest strongest and fearless. Sly, Y/N, Neyla, Sonar, and Bentley were nearly tear broken from Murray's departure.

Now the question is: What would they do now?

Request for one more chapter before starting Sly 3