Rainy day

The fist came flying at his face, again. This time he couldn’t dodge it, not because he was already bloody and beaten, nope it was because he couldn’t move. The other two were holding his arms. He frowned. Why was his life always like this? He took the hit to the face, arching his back he kicked his feet out. He caught the muscled bound moron in the crotch. Reiner doubled over.

Eren twisted. He felt his shoulder pop out of its socket. The pain almost had him screaming, but he held it in. He head butted Jean in the dick. The horse faced looking guy let his arm go. Now it was only Bertolt.

Eren heaved himself up from the ground. He rammed his head into Bertolt’s stomach as he did so. He let go of his arm. Eren caught it since that was the one he had dislocated to get away. He ran.

“What are you doing?” Reiner yelled at his friend. “Go after him, he’s hurt!” Bertolt’s feet stuttered over the pavement. Eren ran faster. One thing he was good at was running away. He hated this part of himself. Well, to be honest he hated most of himself.

He raced into the alley. Dodging a sleeping body he ran out the other end, zig zagged around two buildings to another alley. By the time he reached the end of it, he didn’t hear Bertolt following him any longer. He stopped to pop his shoulder back into place. Biting his lip he kept from yelling. That would only give his location away.

He stood there for a bit to catch his breath. He realized that he was on the opposite side of town that his house was. He sighed resting his head against the wall. He could go back the way he came but they would be there he was sure. He should go the long way. It wasn’t like anyone was waiting at home for him. Not since the “talk’ his parents hadn’t been around much.

Well that wasn’t fair. His mom was finally doing something for herself. She had begun to write. Her first series about a vampire falling in love with a nymph was pretty good. Eren had listened on the phone last night as she raved about her newest idea. She had always loved the supernatural and fairy worlds. She would tell Eren stories all the time as he was growing up and helping her with her chores around the house. He loved her stories.

Her newest idea was about two lovers. A witch had fallen for one. When she couldn’t get his attention away from the man he truly loved she had cursed them both. During the day her wanna be lover was human, at night he turned into a wolf. His lover by day was a bird at night they were human. They had stolen moments between changes to see each other.

Eren had discussed with her ways to break the curse and how to get them back to human. This was what he loved about his mother. She was always there to support him. It hurt that she was on the road so much now. It was just a coincidence that the talk came just before her first book tour. Now she was off to film the first movie from her book series.

The talk. His father had caught him and his then friend Bertolt “wrestling”. The problem came when at the end of their “match” Bertolt had kissed him. Eren had returned the kiss and dear old dad had seen it. He had come out yelling at them. Bertolt had left.

His father had sprayed him with a house, hitting and kicking him yelling about how no son of his was going to be a flaming fag boy. Eren had taken the abuse. Honestly, it was nothing new for him. That was their relationship. Eren did something, Grisha didn’t like it, Eren got his ass kicked. Rinse and repeat.

That had been three years ago. Eren thought about this as he moved away from the alley. He began the long trek around town to get back to his house. His mother had come out to see Grisha kicking the shit out of Eren. Usually he stopped before she ever saw. Eren would just say he got the bruises, cuts whatever from school. She tried to talk him out of fighting so much. Eren would only snort and tell her life wasn’t like that.