Confused

Eren woke stretching he arched his back listening to his joints pop. It felt good, until he looked at his phone. He had been so tired the night before he forgot to set the alarm. Damn! He swore pounding out of bed. He threw on some clothes as he raced around feeding the cat, and getting himself some pop tarts.

His phone dinged. 'Sorry I missed you last night. Big night for the book. Did you like your present? I refilled your account, gave you a little extra. Love you honey. Have fun in school.' Eren grinned. His mom was great but clueless about his life.

'Yeah, love the gift. Thanks mom.' He replied as he ran out the door. He reached his usual exit seeing a text from Levi.

'You forgot to wait for me?'

'No running late, just leaving now.' Eren responded. He tucked his phone away in a safe place. He just knew today wasn't going to be his day. He ran.

He wasn't even to the tree before Bertolt barreled into him. Their two bodies colliding, falling to the ground and rolling over each other. Eren's breath whooshed out of him. He had a hard time getting it back. They came to a stop.

Bertolt punched Eren in the side. He curled up to protect his stomach and head. He felt the kick to his back. That hurt a lot. He needed to get up. This was a very, very bad position for him to be in. He worked his hands down to the ground.

"Lookie, lookie we got us a pretty boy!" Reiner cried. Eren buried his face against the ground but still felt three feet kicking at him. He tried to push himself up, every time he did someone else would kick him.

"You're the reason Mikasa had to move away!" Annie yelled as her boot smashed into Eren's chest.

"Aren't you hurt enough?" A dark voice asked. Eren's entire body stilled. He lifted his head against his better judgement. Armin stood on the sidewalk holding two backpacks. Levi stood just before Reiner. Eren took Annie's knee to his cheek.

"You were told to leave us alone." Reiner snarled. Looking at Levi. Levi smirked.

"No, I was told not to make it so the starting line backer can't play." He lowered his head to watch them with an evil smirk. "There are many ways I can hurt you, and still have you be able to play." He added.

"Annie." Bertolt nodded to her. She laughed.

"Yeah this little fuck won't know..."

"Oh, he isn't apposed to hitting women. I wouldn't count on you getting off scott free." A light high pitched voice stated. Petra stood watching the group.

"Who the hell are you?" Annie asked. Petra giggled.

"Oh, I'm new." She said. "But I know Levi." She rolled her eyes. Levi snorted refusing to look at her. "Oh, weren't you told not to hurt him on school grounds?" Petra asked looking innocent.

"Very true." Levi answered. He turned. The school was still several blocks away. Levi looked back.

"One," He stated.

"Ooohhh" Petra clapped. "I would advise you not to let him get to three." She covered her mouth with her hand.

"2." Levi hissed.

"Get the fuck up." Reiner yanked Eren up by his hair.

"Yeah, go fuck your boyfriend." Bertolt kicked him in the ass sending him towards Levi.

"Jealous, you never got too?" Armin called. Levi shifted blocking the two from the larger teens. Petra moved up beside Eren.

"Come on, he will stay there like some guard dog until he knows your safe." She confided. Eren rubbed his closed fist into his eyes, then up over his hair trying to flatten it.