'Ki- P'

Wanda followed Strange around as he gave her a tour of the Sanctum. They walked all around the place, even went to one of the ruins.

Strange's eyes landed on magic cells, which's purpose he couldn't remember.

But something about the place seemed disturbed. Like someone had been working down there.

"Unusual," the sorcerer muttered as he stole another glimpse at the cells, before guiding Wanda to the final stop of the tour: her new room.

It was decorated simply: a few books and plants lay around the room, red curtains, swinging from the wind coming in from the open window.

"We'll start tomorrow Ki- P, Wanda," Strange told her.

"Are you okay?" She asked and he shrugged.

"We'll see, I suppose," the man replied, shaking his head to try and stop whatever was happening from happening...

For the next few weeks, the two magic users fell into a comfortable rhythm. Strange stopped using the word kid and nothing bizarre happened.

He even helped Wanda with the control of her magic. Being there to answer her questions if she was confused by a concept and even taking her along to Kamar-Taj whenever a student training there needed his help.

After a short time, Wanda had much more control and confidence in her powers.

She wasn't at 100% control of her power, she wasn't even 50% but she started to smile, occasionally.

The first time it happened, she had finally managed a new way to allow her magic to flow through her veins, allowing her telekinesis to carry even heavier things than she could before. Not much, but when Wanda tested it she was able to effortlessly lift things ten kilograms heavier than she could before.

She ran to Strange and reported finally having mastered the input he showed her.

Strange smiled slightly.

"In only two weeks? I only know one other person who learned to do that specific way of input as quickly... me."

"Well done, Wan."

She smiled, brightly.

And he smiled softly, happy that she was allowing herself to smile.

"So, what now?" Wanda asked, eager to learn.

"Now, if you'd be so kind, you can go set the table whilst I finish the soup I was making," Strange responded, smirking at Wanda's excitement.

She nodded and levitated spoons, glasses, and tea to the table and sat down to eat.

Needless to say, that was the first and only time Strange was allowed anywhere near the process of preparing food. He somehow made soup, which was both over and undercooked.

And well...

Wanda would tease him for it for the rest of their lives, any chance she got.

One such time Wanda was reading a book until the word 'soup' appeared in front of her eyes.

She snorted. "Strange!!! This book has the word soup in it," she declared, laughing like a hyper child.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever Ki- P," Strange replied.

Wanda frowned. "That is still happening? Have you gotten any clue as to why?" She asked in worry.

Strange sighed.

"Have you ever felt like you're forgetting something?"

"On numerous occasions."

"Has it ever felt like your forgetting something so important that it is on the level of forgetting your own name?"

Wanda didn't answer.

"Well, that's what this feels like. Everywhere I look I see glimpses of data. For instance, I'll see a spider and feel like I want to cry. And say, Ki- P. It makes no sense..."

"So spiders make you cry and kid makes you say P?"

"Strange, does it feel like you're meant to know something basic but like that memory just isn't there?"

"Yeah."

"That's what Westview felt like to me, before I realized everything was my own doing, I couldn't even remember the Avengers. But it was almost like I was subconsciously leaving clues for myself," Wanda explained.

"You think I am leaving clues for myself. But, clues for what?"

Wanda stared at the man.

"I can try to read deeply into your mind? But only with your permission, I hate doing so without permission."

Strange contemplated this before nodding.

Wanda drew a nervous breath before her eyes turned red and she stared into Strange's own.

Show us, she thought, repeatedly and an image appeared in front of the two of them.

It was nothing more than an illusion only the two of them could see. It honestly reminded Wanda of when she played her trick on Tony's mind back at the Hydra base.

But, what they saw wasn't the man's deepest fear, rather a memory.

A memory of a boy standing in a Spider-man costume, without a mask, on the statue of liberty.

A memory of Strange saying...

"Yes, it would work, but Kid, you don't get it. This will mean everyone who loves you... we will have no memory of you, like you never existed."

"Then it was nice knowing you, sir," the boy replied.

Past Strange's eyes filled with tears.

"Call me, Stephen," he said softly.

The boy smiled. "See you around, Stephen."

"Agh, it's still weird," past Stephen replied as the boy swung off.

"Bye, Kid," Stephen muttered before the scene changed into him performing a spell, and Spider-man swinging off into the unknown...

Wanda let out a gasp as the magic became too much for her to bear...

Strange caught her.

"Spider-man. You knew him," she said, as he helped her stand.

"Seemingly. And I knew him well enough to allow him to call me Stephen."

Wanda stared at him.

"What was that spell?"

"It was an erasure spell, that makes everyone forget about a specific event, item, or... person."

"So, you performed it and made everyone forget about Spider-man's identity?"

Strange's eyes filled with tears.

"Ki- P."

"P-"

"P-"

"P-"

"Pe-"

"Pet-"

"Peter Parker, his name is Peter Parker," Strange declared as the memory of the boy returned.

"I don't remember why we made everyone forget him. I don't even remember why I knew him, but... I think he needs help," Strange explained, his normally serious eyes filled with genuine emotion.

"I think he's in danger..."