The quest.

"No. Absolutely not," Strange said as he and Wanda paced around the Sanctum.

"Come on, Strange, please? You're always saying I don't get out enough," Wanda reasoned.

"We don't know if he is dangerous. We don't know if he made me erase him from everyone's minds because of villainous activity," Strange began.

"Oh, please, you said so yourself, he is quite likely in danger. He's been alone for who knows how long. It's not like we know from how long ago that memory was. Which is beside the point because past you admitted loving him, Strange. You admitted loving someone, to their face. Any version of you takes relations seriously and doesn't just trust someone enough to care for them... Wait, are you trying to protect me?"

Strange rolled his eyes.

"Of course, I am. Peter is hurt, for who knows what reason. No one remembers him, he's quite likely sad and scared and I don't want you getting hurt, emotionally if you see him injured," Strange explained, in a soft voice.

Wanda smiled.

"You know for someone so against showing emotion, you care a lot."

Strange rolled his eyes again.

"Just a child," the man muttered.

"I'll be okay, Strange. Plus, I can always call you if something does happen."

Strange smirked.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just nice to see you confident in yourself, Kiddo. Go and find the spiderling but promise you'll bring him here, I have quite a few questions for him."

Wanda nodded and went to pack her bags...

"Farewell, Kiddo," Strange said softly as he waved her off.

"Strange? Why is the Sanctum clean?" Wong, who had been on a mission as the Sorcerer Supreme for the last two months, asked as he came walking in from a portal.

"I had a guest over."

"Ooh, a girl," Wong teased and Strange's nose scrunched.

"Yes, she's a girl but it's not like that. It was Wanda Maximoff."

"Oh, did you help her with the trauma from Westview?"

"Trauma doesn't just disappear, Wong. But she is on the road to healing. For now, though, she's on a mission to look for a spider."

"Spider?"

"Indeed."

"Strange," Wong muttered.

"Yes?"

"No, I meant, that is odd."

"Every time!" Strange said, whilst rolling his eyes. "Every single time."

Wong laughed. "Well, want some tea?"

"Yeah, why not?" Strange said, shrugging.

~~~~~~

Wanda walked around New York. There wasn't much for her to go off on...

The only thing she had was the fact that the fiasco of the Statue of Liberty, which she assumed was what they saw in Strange's memories, happened five months ago, and that the last time anyone saw Spider-man was three weeks afterward. He had, as Peter Parker, attended college for three days, before he stopped showing up to class and no one could get ahold of him since.

She sighed and found herself walking down the many streets...

"Wanda?" Clint Barton called as she nearly walked into him at a cafe.