Friends

Wanda's eyes turned a crimson colour as she watched the boy in front of her.

Truthfully she only said, 'Peter Parker' out loud in order to allow herself to think of the next step in her mission, but here this boy was seemingly recognizing his name.

Wanda studied the teen.

The girl from earlier returned.

"MJ! Do we know a 'Peter Parker,' his name sounds so familiar," the boy declared.

Wanda watched in awe as the girl, MJ's, face mimicked his.

"There was a customer a few months ago who was named Peter Parker, it bothered me back then too, but it feels like I know him somehow."

Wanda's expression turned serious.

"Have you seen him again?"

"No, he left after completing a moto I have for myself and hasn't come in again. Why?"

"I'm looking for him... Would you two be okay with it if I looked into your minds to search for a memory?" Wanda asked, quite skeptically.

Ned's eyes sparkled. "Yes, yes, please! That sounds so cool! So amazingly, awesomely, epic!"

MJ rolled her eyes at her friend's antics and shrugged Wanda's way.

The woman closed her eyes and suddenly in front of them, appeared the Statue of Liberty.

Ned couldn't contain his excitement as he continued to ramble words neither MJ nor Wanda could keep up with.

"You're going to forget about me," the illusion of Peter told the two of them.

"Forget about you? No, I don't, I don't want to do that. There has to be another way, there's always another way..." past MJ responded.

Peter shook his head and the scene changed...

To past Ned and Peter doing a complicated handshake and to him and past MJ kissing.

Present MJ wanted to vomit. She was so confused and conflicted and above all this random teen didn't keep his promise. She couldn't remember anything about him, but she knew...

Whatever they had was erased along with her memories.

Wanda fell to the ground when the illusion got too much. This time there was no Strange to catch her so instead she scrunched up her nose and stood up.

"Thank you two, at least now I know he isn't with his, uhm, friends?" Wanda tried, not knowing what the correct term was in this situation.

Ned rambled. On and on about needing to know more whilst MJ walked away.

When Ned saw this though he waived Wanda goodbye and ran to follow MJ out...

"Where are you, Peter Parker?" Wanda muttered.

Flashback

Tired eyes stared at the world around them...

"I hate everything about this place," their owner decided as he sat and watched the stars shine in the New York sky.

"Can't even fully see the stars shimmer."

"A void. That is what I feel like here. Like I'm nothing other than something to avoid..."

The owner clutched his books in his hands and turned around to go to sleep.

"What's the point?"

End of flashback

Wanda walked around the city until the moon shone brightly in the sky but she didn't stop.

Honestly, she had no idea what she was doing. It wasn't like she had any leads.

She walked so much that her feet hurt when she finally caved and sat down on a bench.

Her eyes scanned her surroundings until they landed on a sign which they lingered on...

The sign for a place she knew well, better than her own name...

A sign to a graveyard.

But, not just anyone. The one Nat and Pietro both had a tombstone in.

She choked back a sob and decided to go visit their graves.

Almost as if a plane on autopilot, she walked towards the first of the two stones.

It read, 'Pietro Maximoff, best twin ever.'

Wanda's eyes darkened, a fit of deep anger towards herself forming as she wanted to punch something.

In such anger, her powers blasted every which way, and memories filled the sky.

Of her and Pietro's first day at school, them all watching sitcoms together, the bed she and Pietro hid under waiting for the bomb to explode, of herself and Pietro skipping around the street she grew up in and so much more...

Wanda felt her knees become jelly. She felt her weight get too much for them and she collapsed, grief hitting her like a brick thrown to her face.

Feelings spiraling.

It was a long time ago, she knew, but she also knew that would never not hurt.

A pair of eyes curiously watched the girl. The owner of said eyes tilted her head. She had come to visit her sister's grave. She wanted to bring flowers, but here an Avenger was mourning not two tombs away from where she wanted to be...

She sighed and walked toward Wanda.

"You good?"

Wanda stared at her with this look of 'really?'

"Yeah, I grew up in Red Room, feelings aren't really something I'm good at," she admitted.

Wanda tilted her head.

"Like Nat?"

"Yep, Natasha is... was my older sister."

Wanda stared at the woman in front of her. "Well in that case, nice to meet you."

Yelena laughed. "Likewise, Nat told me a lot about you, something about you being a mere teenager when you started and how she kept on having to fight the urge to just mail you far away so that you could have normal teenage years and not fighter-based ones as she had."

Wanda laughed. "She knew I could just fly back right?"

Yelena joined in on the laughing. "It's the thought which counts, I suppose."

"Yeah, Nat was always thoughtful in that way."

Yelena smiled. "You seem to be having a hard time, what's up?"

"Just looking for someone when I ended up here by accident."

"Looking for someone? Perhaps I can help. The Black Widow network is large with several well-trained girls all across the globe, maybe one of them knows where your missing person is."

"Wait really?"

"Well, yeah, I can't promise an answer but it's worth a shot. What's the person's name?"

"Peter Parker..."