Regression vs Progression

For the next few days, Peter slipped in and out of consciousness. Strange had arranged for a medical sorcerer to see to him. And he too watched the boy like a hawk.

Not nearly as much as Wanda did, though.

She refused to be more than two rooms away from Peter, eyes glued on him whenever she was in his room, and almost every second hour checking with the doctor to see if any progress was made in his state.

"When is he going to wake up?" She wondered, making Strange roll his eyes.

"Kiddo, I tell you what I've told you, repeatedly, for the last three days... he will wake up when his body is ready. Peter was severely dehydrated and even malnourished, he isn't ready to go off an IV yet. So it's best to let his body decide when he'll wake up."

Wanda nodded. "I know, but... I want to see him okay." She fiddled with her shirt. "Everyone who knows, or remembers him seems to want to protect him... I want to see what he is like."

Strange furrowed his brows and sent her a knowing look. "Well, while you're busy complaining about him resting... Did you tell Happy he is here?"

"Yep. He was here earlier, talking to Peter about someone named May Parker while the boy slept." She chuckled. "If you honestly think I am bad, you should see him... I think the two of them were... Close."

Strange smirked.

Wanda raised a brow. "What?"

"Nothing..." He turned around, heading to the kitchen. "I have a cooking class to get to... We are covering pea soup today."

"Soup!" Wanda snorted. "That poor instructor..."

Strange's eyes rolled in response to her words. "Yeah yeah. Just don't go doing anything I wouldn't do while I am gone... And definitely don't do anything I would do!  There's a fine line, Ms. Maximoff."

He walked out of the room.

"So... Do nothing?" Wanda mumbled into the air. "Nah... I think I'm going to watch sitcoms. "

She turned around on her heel and nearly knocked Peter, who stood like a dear in headlights, over.

"You're awake!" Her eyes sparkled. "I'm so glad you are okay."

"Anda Moff..." The boy whispered. He scrunched his brows. "I... Journal..." His head darted every which way. His eyes became shook, and fearful. "Journal?"

"Hey... Are you talking about the journal you had with you? It's in the room you were asleep in. I can show you if you'd like."

"Journal... Journal..." Peter's hands twitched. "Anda... Journal... Moff... Void... Void... Void..." He backed away from her, hands flying to his head. "Void... Void... Void..."

Wanda summoned the book, placing it, gently, in front of Peter. "Here... See? It's your journal. Deep breaths. Take deep breaths. Can you do that?"

"Void... Void... Hurt..."

"Peter? Hey. Look at me. Can you hear me?"

The boy's head darted toward Wanda. He tilted his head, and after a moment, nodded slowly.

"That's good. Can you see me?"

"Anda..."

Anda? Oh, is he trying to say, Wanda? I guess Moff is what he remembers from Maximoff then... "Yeah, it's me, Wanda."

"W... anda...?" His head shook his head. "Wanda."

"Hey, Peter. It's nice to see you."

The boy took a heavy breath. He grabbed his book, holding it close to his heart. "Void..."

"Void?"

Peter blinked, rapidly, and pointed to the cover of the book. This journal, much like its owner, you should avoid.

"Why?"

"Void..."

Wanda frowned. "Do you want me to leave? I will if you want me to. But, only if that is the case."

"Anda... Wanda... Moff. Wanda..." Peter opened his book, wrapping his hand around the pen in the journal.

He flipped to the nearest empty page, and gently took out a pen, writing, "Avoid the void."

A confused frown made its way onto Wanda's face. "There is a void. Where?"

He stroked the pen on the paper, writing another line with a shaking hand. "Me. I'm not real. You're not real either. Just a hallucination, a trick, nothing more."

"I am real, Peter... so are you... but, I can understand if you don't believe that." She got up and offered him a hand. "Let's get some water in your system. You're not technically supposed to be up yet."

Peter stared, confused at her hand, but stood up on his own. When Wanda tilted her head, confused. "Can't... can't get help from not-real people... would fall."

She nodded, guiding him to the kitchen, and pouring him a large glass of water. "Here."

The boy stared at the glass, skeptically. His hand moved to take it, but retracted, and then moved forward again. He closed his eyes and took the glass. His hand fell downward, slightly, him not having expected the new weight.

He took a nervous sip. And then gulped everything down.

But, effectively proceeded to vomit it all out again.

Wanda frowned. "I suppose that is why the doctor didn't want to take you off of the IV yet..." She stared at his arm. "The IV I'm guessing you took out?"

Peter stared at her like a dear in headlights and darted out of the room.

"Huh," Wanda muttered, cleaning the mess with magic, and following him to the lounge. "Hey, it's okay."

Peter tilted his head, his large eyes staring helplessly at Wanda. "Wanda Moff gave me glass... glass broke... glass real...?"

"Yes, the cup was real."

The boy stared at his journal. "Wanda Moff says cup is real... she says she is real... she says I am real." He stared at Wanda, chewing his lip. "It is up for debate..."