What.

Wanda stared at the hyperventilating man in front of her in shock. His eyes were large, darting every which way as if Peter should be right next to him and he is merely overlooking the boy.

"Happy, breathe. Breathe for me, please?" Her eyes were filled to the brim with concern. She approached him slowly as if trying to aid a spooked animal. "Breathe. Can you try to do that?"

It was only then when Happy registered her presence, his eyes landing on hers in the world's most awkward staring contest. "Where is he...? Where is Peter?" The man muttered.

Wanda stopped the defeated sigh she was about to release, and, using the same tone she did when she spoke with Billy or Tommy, responded, "I have no idea. That's why I came here, to see if you know anything so that we can try and find Peter."

"He ran off? Peter ran off?"

"Yeah... "

"Why would he do that. May? Was it because of May?" Happy worried.

"It's a long story, and one we can discuss la—" she couldn't finish her sentence because Happy got up and walked toward the exit of the room.

"Wait, he can be anywhere by now, it's been months. Think about this, Happy, you can't just go stop at his favourite arcade, no one remembers him. I don't imagine he would like to return to places where he shares memories with those he lost... Those who are there, so very close, but just out of his reach."

Happy frowned, contemplating her words, slowly, as if they were treasured items in a museum, which each required individual examination.

"His aunt gave me one job. The job was to protect Peter if she ever became unable to. I've already not done so long enough. I'm going to find him. No matter how long it takes, and no matter how hard it will be."

Wanda chewed her lip, thinking. "I have the Black Widow network and Fury looking, his friends don't remember him, Happy.  I don't think you realize this, but the boy we will find won't be the same one you remember...
She glared at the ground. He's... He's going the be different. Hurt. Scared."

Happy stared at her, eyes void of emotion.
"Of course, but, I made a promise. And I cared for the person to whom I made it... I still care for her. And I care about him. So, I don't care how scared or different he is going to be when I do... I'm finding Peter and helping him when I achieve this." He turned around and walked out of the room, leaving a stunned Wanda behind.

She furrowed her brows. What was his and May Parker's relationship like? Why does he care so deeply for this spider? It's as if every question which gets answered begs six more...

"Peter Parker, what are you like? Why does everyone seem to care for you?" She whispered into the morning sun.

Turning to the kitchen, the woman poured herself some coffee from the coffee machine. Her eyes landed on the watch.

"7 am? Have I really been on this for more than a day?" She sat down, the warm mug filled with coffee in her hands.

She took a sip.

But.

As if someone stabbed her, she fell to her knees and cried. Her hands darted to her head, clutching it between them. And the mug landed on the floor with a clash.

Coffee spilled everywhere and she flinched when some of the hot liquid made contact with her skin.

Her breathing escalated.

"Deep in, deep out," she attempted to remind herself, but the pain and confusion she felt didn't aid her in this mission.

"What...? What is this?"

Her eyes darkened and red colours filled the sky...

After a minute the colour in the air around her vanished and she saw something...different. Something strange.

She looked around.

Miles and miles of dry nothingness stood before her. She bent down, moving a hand over the warm ground.

"Sand...? Sand?! Why sand...? Where am I...? How did I get here...? What is this place...? What is happening to me...?" Wanda spoke her mind aloud.

She started panting. "And why is it so hot?"

On the ground before her, she saw footprints, and in front of her... a speck...

A figure.

One no larger than her fingernail, walking in the direction the footprints led.

She chased after it...

But.

Every time she took a step, she reappeared in the same place she originally came from.

"What is this? How did I get here? Did Strange sling ring me here? Why would do that? Where is here?"

Panting she sat down on one knee. "And why am I so out of breath? Why can't I move, normally?"

Before she could think any deeper into the millions of questions lingering on her mind, her eyes returned to their normal colour.

Again, red surrounded the sky, only this time when it cleared...

The sand and dry nothingness disappeared and she sat in a pool of spilled coffee on the tower's floor.

She gazed, fixated at the mess.

"What? Was? That..?"