Team up.

Wanda flew full speed through the air.

The Scarlet Witch is a being of true evil. But, sometimes having you inside me has its uses. Sometimes, your crazy magic can be useful.

She flew, and flew, and flew.

The afternoon sun turned into freezing air.

Yet.

Wanda flew.

She turned left and turned right. Okay... How big is this stupid desert?!

By dawn the next day, Wanda stopped, falling to her knees on the endless heaps of yellowish-brown sand.

Stupid sand. Stupid desert.

She sat on the ground, staring at the all-the-same sand. Which way did I come from?

Her eyes threatened to close, and after a minute she lost the battle to the temptation to sleep, her eyes falling shut, and her head landing on the sand in a bang.

A few hours later, she jerked awake, only to notice she wasn't alone.

"Hey there, cat," Wanda greeted the creature which had decided her lap was the perfect place to take a nap.

"Meow," the ginger cat replied.

Wanda was about to reach out to pet the animal when a voice caught her attention. "I wouldn't do that if I were you... Goose doesn't like not being in charge. Just ask Fury."

Wanda smiled. "Hello, Carol, and hi... Goose."

Goose meowed and licked her paw.

Carol picked up the flerken and allowed her to sleep in her arms.

"Fury sends his love, by the way. Apparently, it was you who asked for aid in locating someone named Spiderman..."

Wanda's ears perked up. "Any luck?"

Carol nodded. "We traced him, Peter Parker, to the Sahara, and have reason to believe that he is still here. I've been flying around the desert all of yesterday and today... but, as you may have figured out, this place is huge..."

"We can divide it up in grids! Make the desert smaller... and find him faster!"

Carol chuckled. "Sounds good to me... after breakfast."

"Breakfast can wait... we must—"

Wanda's words were cut off by Carol handing her a ham and cheese sandwich and a flask with coffee. "Listen, I know you're in a haste to find this kid, but you need to eat."

"It can really wait..."

"Nope." Carol placed the sandwiches in Wanda's hand. "Look, you have the power of an infinity stone. And you're a witch... I get that, but you still need to take care of yourself. You aren't invincible, Wanda."

Wanda sighed and plopped a sandwich in her mouth. "You sound like a concerned mother."

Carol rolled her eyes, chugging down coffee. "Usually I'm referred to as the fun aunt in any group I'm in, but if making you eat makes me the mom-friend... Eat."

The two laughed.

"Wait, we can actually make this grid even smaller," Wanda realized, earning a questioning brow raised from Carol. She plucked out her phone, pressed a few buttons, and hit call. "Strange...?"

"Yes?" the tired man asked.

"Can you come to the Sahara Desert?"

Strange sighed over the phone, called for his cloak, and stepped out of a portal leading to where the two women stood. "This better be good," he joked, glaring half-heartedly at Wanda.

"Spidey is in the desert."

Strange raised a brow. "So... what's the plan? Try and locate one person in the largest desert on the planet?"

Carol and Wanda nodded.

Strange sighed. "Just a typical Tuesday then..."

He cloned himself, sending each version flying in a different direction... Carol flew in another, and Wanda another.

Three hundred and sixty different people flew in three hundred and sixty different directions...

Making a perfect circle...

Hour after hour passed.

The amount of Strange's decreased every few hours, his energy getting weaker. Carol and Wanda started to fly slower. Goose still stayed where they all started, licking her paws.

Wanda stopped. Her head hurt. Her eyes watered. Her throat was dry.

She looked left.

She looked right.

And...

On the horizon noticed something.

She saw dunes... but, they seemed familiar.

Saw a too familiar dry valley. This is the exact spot I was when I ended here by accident.

She wandered forward, a new level of determination bubbling inside her chest, fueling her with sparks of energy, allowing her to run full speed across the sand.

That speck...

On the ground, a few hundred meters away lay a speck...

She ran... getting random bursts of energy, which allowed her a few moments of tired flight.

Two dark brown eyes met hers. Wanda frowned. Those eyes... they're empty. It's almost like their owner has no life in him.

A void.

"H-help..."

Peter fell to the floor, knocked unconscious from yet another long day in the nothingness which was sand and dunes... dunes and sand.

Wanda picked him up, eyes landing on his backpack, and... a journal.

This journal, much like its owner is something to avoid...

Wanda shuddered.

She plucked out her phone, sending a thumbs-up emoji to Strange and Carol. And a moment later found herself staring at the Sanctum's entrance, Peter, and his items, in her arms, and a long journey ahead. Thanks, Strange.

She looked at Peter, a concerned frown resting on her face.

"I'm here now, and I won't let anyone hurt you..."